Is Genshing Impact overheating iPhone or iPad? Your device gets warm during play and you’re afraid that the battery life will be negatively affected in the long term? You’re not the only one experiencing this unwanted behavior!
Genshin Impact Overheating iPhone?
This issue has been reported by Vicky:
“Genshin impact overheating iphone all the time after 16.5.1 update!”
This seems like a common problem as many other users complain about it on websites like Reddit:
“I wanted to try genshin impact on my m1 ipad pro 11inch but it gets very hot just by being on the loading screen.”
How To Fix Genshin Impact Overheating iPhone
Most of the players have managed to keep the warming up under control by turning the graphics down. However, here are some of the popular troubleshooting options:
1. Tweak Graphics Settings
Genshin Impact is a visually demanding game that is probably not as well optimized as Wild Rift or COD mobile. You should avoid overheating episodes by lowering the framerate:
- Render Resolution and Environment Detail should be set to Medium at 60 FPS. Also try the Low (30 FPS) option if Medium still warms up your device. You can switch to 60fps only when you’re fighting
- Shadows should be also set to Low.
- Motion blur should be set to Off because it generally doesn’t look good in these resource demanding games.
- Every other graphic setting should be downgraded to Low or Off!
Credits: Thanks LtD4n for sharing these tips.
2. Update To iOS 16.6 / iPadOS 16.6
If Genshin Impact used to run smoothly without overheating on your device, but situation has worsened recently, it can be caused by a recent iOS update.
Numerous users reported iPhone overheating problems in iOS 16.5.1. However, situation seems to have been addressed by the most recent iOS 16.6 update:
“My iPhone 13 is really happy and doesn’t overheat in Genshin at all with this update!”
Credits: Thanks imsebb21 for sharing.
Have you managed to fix Genshin Impact overheating iPhone issue? Do you have a better solution or other similar problems to report? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: More iOS 16.6 issues and available workarounds can be reviewed here.