How To Perform Ear Tip Fit Test For AirPods Pro Optimal Fit
Last updated on May 27th, 2020 at 04:49 amPosted in How To by Tyrone on May 20, 2020
The AirPods Pro have a set of silicone ear tips already attached, out of the box. It’s the medium (M) size. The other two available sizes small (S) and large (L) can be found under the tray, inside the charging cable. Sizes can be easily identified visually and also by the inscription available inside of the ear tip. If you’re not sure which size fits you best you can let your AirPods Pro decide. Use the Ear Tip Fit Test detailed below and you can’t go wrong!
How To Perform Ear Tip Fit Test On AirPods Pro
This is feature analyzes data from microphones available inside the AirPods, as well as sound output from various drivers. With the help of a complex set of algorithms it determines if the current fit provides optimal user experience.
1. Place the AirPods Pro in your ears and connect them to an iOS or iPadOS device.
2. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Select Bluetooth and tap the “i” icon, available next to the AirPods Pro name, in the MY DEVICES list.
4. Tap the Ear Tip Fit Test label.
Tip: If you don’t see this option make sure that your iPhone runs iOS 13.2 or later.
5. Read the info on the splash screen and tap Continue.
6. Tap the Play button.
Tip: Be patient because each AirPod will be tested individually.
Results: If you’re using the correct size ear tips you will get the “Good seal” result. Else, you have to try a different size. Use the tips provided below for changing the AirPods Pro ear tips. Be aware, that you might need different ear tip sizes for each year, to get the best fit. You could need the M for the right ear and S for the left one, or any other possible combination.
How To Change AirPods Pro Ear Tips
If the above test shows that the medium size ear tips aren’t the best fit, you have to change them. Here is how to do it:
1. Grab the ear tip with your three main fingers (thumb, index and middle finger).
Tip: make sure that you grab the base of the ear tip, right where the ear tip is attached to the Airpod.
2. Pull firmly until the ear tip pops out.
1. Align the ear tip with the AirPod connector.
2. Bring your fingers at the base of the ear tip and push it into the connector until it clicks into place.
What AirPods Pro ear tip size works best for you? Let us know in the comments section available below!
Related: How to update AirPods Pro to the latest firmware version available!