Last updated on October 25th, 2023 at 07:59 pmPosted in News by Mike on October 19, 2023
The iPadOS 17.1 features, improvements and bug fixes have been published by Apple in the release notes of the RC version. You can check them out here along with common issues and their available workarounds!
Update: The public version of iPadOS 17.1 has been released today, October 25th!
iPadOS 17.1 Features
- 1. AirDrop Over Internet – is one of the eye catching features of this release! It allows the content to continue to transfer via Internet if devices are not within Bluetooth range anymore!
- 2. USB-C Apple Pencil – Apple has recently released an USB-C Apple Pencil and iPad receives support for it starting with this version!.
- 3. Apple Music Favorites now also include songs, albums and playlists!
- 4. New Cover Art Collection brings new designs that change colors to match the music from your playlist.
- 5. Song suggestions are available at the bottom of every playlist.
- 6. Specific album option is available for the Photo Shuffle option on the Lock Screen.
- 7. Home key support is now available for Matter locks.
- 8. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
More New Features
Other changes and improvements reported by users are listed here:
iPadOS 17.1 Release Date
We expect version 17.1 to be released next week, as early as Monday, October 24. Stay tuned for updates!
iPadOS 17.1 Bug Fixes
- 1. Keyboard unresponsive or less responsive has been fixed according to the release notes!
- 2. Screen Time settings not syncing across devices has been addressed.
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Other iPadOS 17.1 Fixes
Other solved issues reported by users are:
Fact: Common iPadOS 17 issues are tracked here. You can check them out and let us know if you notice any fixes!
iPadOS 17.1 Security Fixes
The security content of this update will be published after the public release and will be updated here!
iPadOS 17.1 Issues
Problems reported by users for this version are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 17.1 Download
This update is available over-the-air to all compatible iPads!
- 1. Go for Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 2. Click Upgrade Now as soon as iPadOS 17.1 shows up on the screen!
- 3. Agree with terms, enter the passcode and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Have you updated iPadOS 17.1 on iPad? Do you have any questions? Want to report new features, bug fixes or known issues? Use the comments section available below!