iPadOS 17.0.3 build number 21A360 is now available for all compatible iPad models. It’s a bug fixing update that also brings security improvements! Check out everything new including ongoing issues and fresh problems!
iPadOS 17.0.3 Issues
Bugs reported by early adopters of this version are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments.)
iPadOS 17.0.3 Bugs Fixed
‘Bug fixes’ is used in the update log, without pinpointing a single fix though. More, no Developer release notes have been published yet. We can only uncover the problems that have been addressed with the help of reports.
Fact: A detailed list of issues uncovered in iPadOS 17.0.2 is available here. Check them out and let us know if you’re still encountering them:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 17.0.3 Security Fixes
This update includes the same two security vulnerability fixes included in the iOS 17.0.3 version and published by Apple in the support document:
- A Kernel vulnerability that may allow a local attacker ‘to elevate their privileges’ has been dealt with improved checks.
- A WebRTC issue that might cause arbitrary code execution during a buffer overflow has been solved by updating to libvpx 1.13.1.
iPadOS 17.0.3 Features
There’s no mention about other enhancements and we doubt that new features can be found in this release. They will be coming in iPadOS 17.1 as confirmed by the betas.
Download & Install
- 1. Open Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 2. iPadOS 17.0.3 should show up on the Software Update screen.
- 3. Tap Update Now!
- 4. Agree with ToS, input Passcode and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Have you installed iPadOS 17.0.3 on iPad? Do you experience any new features? Share your feedback in the comments and we’ll assist you as soon as possible.
Related: Apple has also released iOS 17.0.3!