On October 18, Apple aired the ‘Unleashed’ event from the Apple Park, in Cupertino California. As expected, the tech-giant announced a series of new products including the new MacBook Pro, the AirPods 3, new HomePod mini colors as well as new software and a few new accessories!
Apple Unleashed Hardware Announcements
1. New HomePod Mini Colors
- Apple’s bluetooth speaker gets three new colors: orange, blue and yellow alongside the two ones already available white and black.
2. AirPods 3
- The 3rd AirPods generation has been unveiled today and are already available for ordering. They become available in stores on October 16. Retail price is $179.
- The main AirPods 3 new feature is spatial audio support.
3. MacBook Pro M1
- The 2021 MacBook Pro has been completely redesigned and is powered by the M1 Pro or the M1 Max Apple Silicone chips.
- It comes in two sizes 14-inch and 16-inch screen.
- Some of the main highlights are: the Apple Silicone chip that is advertised as substantially faster and more performant than any other chipset on the market, ProMotion Mini-LED Display, Notch that includes 1080 HD camera, and added HDMI 2.0 and SD card ports.
- Battery life is also a feature of the new M1 MacBook Pro, with up to 10 hours longer uptime than the previous generation.
Apple Unleashed New Software Announced
The following software updates will accompany the products unveiled today:
- iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1, tvOS 15.1 and macOS Monterey to be released on October 25
- iOS 15.1 RC, iPadOS 15.1 RC, watchOS 8.1 RC and macOS Monterey RC released today!
Apple Unleashed New Accessories Announced
Apple has also added three new accessories to its product line:
- New Braided MagSafe cable ($49) for MacBook Pro charging.
- New 140W Power Adapter ($99) for 16-inch MacBook Pro.
- MacBook display polishing cloth ($19).
Apple Unleashed New Services Introduced
- Voice Plan for Apple Music priced at $4.99/month.
Apple Unleashed Event – Full Replay
Below you can watch the full 50-minute long October 18 – Apple Event and make sure that you haven’t miss anything:
Apple Unleashed Event – Highlights
If you don’t have time for the full event video, you can check out some of the highlights:
To be updated here.
Have you watched the Apple Unleashed Event? What are your thoughts about the announced products? Do you plan to purchase any of them? Use the comments section and share your feedback!