Last updated on October 25th, 2021 at 02:51 pmPosted in News by Patricia on October 18, 2021
Apple has released the iOS 15.1 RC, also known as the Release Candidate version, with build number 19B74. If no major bugs will surface during the next few days, this will become the public iOS 15.1 version, once Apple decides to roll it out for everyone else.
Update, October 25: Apple has seeded the iOS 15.1 update to the general public!
iOS 15.1 RC Download
This update has been seeded for both Developers and Public Beta testers. Which means that you only need to download the iOS 15 Configuration Profile, from the Apple Beta Software Program website. A step-by-step guide is available here.
With the profile downloaded iOS 15.1 RC is available over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update. Tap Download and Install, provide Passcode and be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed! Follow the on-screen prompts!
Fact: The iOS 15.1 RC update file size is 5.38 GB, for the iPhone 12 Pro. Size will wary depending on iPhone version and iOS version that your updating from!
iOS 15.1 RC Release Notes
Fact: For the security content of this update you have to check Apple’s support website!
iOS 15.1 RC Features
- Apple highlights SharePlay as the main feature that’s enabled in iOS 15.1. It provides a new way of sharing experiences with friends and family in FaceTime.
- ProRes videos for iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max is also one of the main iOS 15.1 highlights.
- COVID-19 vaccination cards for Apple Wallet have been added too.
- New automation triggers for Home app, based on current reading of HomeKit-enabled humidity, air quality and light level sensors
- New pre-built actions for Shortcuts that allow you to overlay text on images or gifs.
- New collection of games allow you to kill time with Siri.
- Mandarine Chinese support for the Translate app and for system-wide translation.
iOS 15.1 RC Bugs
This update also comes with a series of bug fixes and improvements:
Problems patched and mentioned in the iOS 15.1 release notes are:
- Photos app might falsely report storage is full when importing photos and videos.
- Weather app might not show current temperature in My Location and might display colors of animated backgrounds incorrectly.
- Audio playing from an app might pause when locking the screen.
- Wallet may unexpectedly quit when using VoiceOver with multiple passes.
- Available Wi-Fi networks may not be detected.
- Battery algorithms updated on iPhone 12 models to better estimate battery capacity over time.
However, besides the bugs reported as fixed, we’ve covered numerous other iOS 15 problems. They might be also patched, because Apple doesn’t mention all of them in the update log. Check out the list available below and help us confirm which of them have been fixed:
- Notifications not working for various apps in iOS 15!
- iPhone storage bug causing inaccurate capacity calculations. (Status: Not fixed!)
- Safari videos showing black screen when playing.
- iOS 15 Screen time bug showing unreal usage times.
- Do Not Disturb until I leave this location not working in iOS 15.
- Notify When Left Behind not supported for Apple Watch!
This section is dedicated for new issues that flare up in iOS 15.1. Please use the comments section to report any new glitches. We will try to replicate them and provide workarounds:
- To be updated.
Have you updated iPhone to iOS 15.1 RC? What’s your feedback? Use the comments section and we will greatly appreciate it!
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 15.1 RC, watchOS 8.1 RC and tvOS 15.1 Release Candidate versions!