HomePod 17 build number 21J354 is available for the original HomePod and the HomePod mini! It brings new features as well as bug fixes and stability improvements! New issues and available workarounds are tracked too!
HomePod 17 Issues
Before updating, you might want to check out problems reported by early adopters:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
HomePod 17 Features
According to Apple’s release notes there are three new features included in this update:
- 1. AirPlay from iPhone or iPad directly to HomePod with the help of Siri thanks to the new support feature.
- 2. Mute or unmute a call on HomePod thanks to the new call controls.
- 3. Enhance Dialogue feature gives you the option to hear spoken voices more clearly over background sounds when paired with Apple TV 4K. (Only for HomePod 2nd gen.)
HomePod 17 Bugs Fixed
Issues addressed in this update are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
More: Resolved issues and known ones are also mentioned in the Developer notes.
HomePod 17 Download
The update is available, over-the-air, in the Home app. To get it you need an iPhone, iPad or Mac running iOS 17, iPadOS 17 or macOS Sonoma:
- 1. Open Home app on iPhone or iPad and browse for Home Settings -> Software Update.
- 2. HomePod Version 17 should show up!
- 3. Tap Update and be patient until the software is downloaded, prepared and installed!
Have you installed HomePod OS 17 on your smart speaker? Do you face any issues or have any questions? Share your feedback in the comments!