The Weather Widget is added by default to the iOS 14 Today view. Swipe-right on the Home Screen to bring up the Today View. Next, you can drag & drop the Weather widget to the desired iPhone Home Screen page. If you’re not OK with the size small size, you can remove the widget and add a larger one following the tutorials provided below!
How To Edit Weather Widget Location
1. Long-press the Weather Widget, available on your iPhone or iPad Home Screen.
2. Tap on Edit Widget. Or, “Edit Weather” if you’re editing the Weather location in a Smart Stack.
3. You can either let your iPhone determine your current location, or tap on the Location field to manually input the desired location.
4. Search for a specific location, or select a predefined one available in the drop-down list.
Fact: The saved locations have been used by previously with the stock Weather app.
5. Tap on an empty space on the screen, outside the Weather widget to get back to the Home Screen and save your selection.
How To Add The Weather Widget To iPhone Home Screen
The native Weather glance can be added in the Today View or on any other Home Screen page.
1. Long-press an app icon or any empty space on the iPhone Home Screen to enter ‘jiggle mode’.
2. Tap the “+” icon available in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll the Widgets gallery until you reach the Weather glance. Tap it.
4. Select the size of the widget. Small is available by default, swipe-right for medium and large.
5. Tap ‘Add Widget’ and you’re done.
Tip: When adding the weather widget you can also select the Smart Stack widget type. It includes by default the Weather glance among other native iOS 14 widgets like: Photos, Calendar, Music, Podcasts, Fitness and Maps.
Are you using the iOS 14 stock Weather widget, or you prefer to wait for one supported by a third party weather app? Let us know in the comments sections available below.
Related: iOS 14 brings many other enhancements and improvements to the iPhone. Check out our extended collection of new features here.