iOS 16.6 beta build number 20G5026e has been rolled out for Developers and Public Beta! Take a look at the new features, bugs fixed, known issues and more!
iOS 16.6 Beta Features
Changes reported by users in this update are tracked here:
- 1. iMessage Contact Key Verification option is now available in iCloud Settings.
- 2. iOS 16.6 beta 1 installs even if iPhone battery percentage is 32% and device is not connected to power. Not sure if this is new but be careful. iPhone showing 24% after installation! So, definitely don’t try this if battery falls below 20%.
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.6 Beta Issues
Before updating, check out the new bugs and known problems are tracked here, along with available workarounds:
- 1. AirPods Connected indicator on iPhone 14 Pro in Dynamic Island is missing battery indicator. Reported by harunatsu.
- 2. Require Attention for Face ID not working properly. It still asks for attention even if it’s disabled. Reported by EvilChad23. Anyone else experiencing the same?
- 3. Music volume increases significantly when a notification is generated on the Lock Screen while AirPods Pro 2 are connected. Volume decreases to normal after the notification fades out. Reported by Conflict-Recent.
- 4. CarPlay black screen and iPhone freezes after disconnecting from CarPlay and reboots for Azona.
Workaround: Remove car as CarPlay device and re-add it.
- 5. iCloud sync not working for madbrowser911
- 6. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: Apple hasn’t published any Developer release notes for Beta 1 as seen in this document.
iOS 16.6 Beta Bugs Fixed
Issues addressed in this release are highlighted below:
- 1. iPhone less prone to overheating as reported by floorguy81.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.6 Beta Download
How To: install iOS 16.6 Public Beta 1 you have to enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program and download the iOS 16 Configuration profile.
Tip: Never installed an iOS beta on your device? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you installed 16.6 beta 1 on iPhone or iPad? Help us track all changes and improvements! Don’t hesitate to mention bug fixes or any new issues detected? Use the comments section!
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 16.6 beta (20G5026e), macOS Ventura 13.5 beta (22G5027e), watchOS 9.6 beta (20U5527c) and tvOS 16.6 beta (20M5527e)!