macOS 14 Beta 3 build number 23A5286g is available for download on all compatible Macs! It brings even more changes and new features as well as bug fixes, ongoing problems and new issues!
macOS 14 Beta 3 Features
Enhancements noticed in this version are mentioned here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 14 Beta 3 Issues
Before you update, check the problems reported for this release:
- 1. Photos widget not working after update.
Fix: Restart Mac.
- 2. Batteries widget not working after macOS Sonoma Beta 3 update. Showing 0% for mouse and keyboard.
Fix: Reboot device.
- 3. Wallpaper not loading in this version. Shows a spinning wheel on a grey background. Reported by shauezzy44.
- 4. Spotify automatically routes audio on macOS from Spotify on iOS without playing audio. (Developer notes.)
- 5. Find My crashes on Mac unexpectedly when enabling Lost Mode on a device. (Developer notes).
Workaround: Use Find My on iCloud.com to enable Lost Mode.
- 6. iPhone Widgets on Mac cause excessive power usage on iPhone if a Mac signed into the same iCloud account is present.
Fix: To avoid battery drainage on iPhone disable iPhone Widgets on Mac in macOS Sonoma System Settings.
- 7. New Apple ID creation in Mac App Store isn’t working. (Developer Notes)
Workaround: Create an Apple ID in the Music app or from the iOS App Store.
- 8. Continuity Camera issues while active traffic over Wi-Fi takes place. (Dev notes.)
Workaround: Stop active traffic over Wi-Fi before beginning a Continuity Camera session.
- 9. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 14 Beta 3 Release Notes
macOS 14 Beta 3 Bugs Fixed
Below is a list of the problems reported for Beta 2. Help us determine which of them have been fixed or not:
- 1. Deprecated API Alert for multiple third-party apps after macOS Sonoma Beta 2 update. Reported by Emiliano. [Status: Not Fixed]
More: details available here.
- 2. Wrong time on sign in screen. Shows Cupertino time instead of your actual timezone. Reported by Symonsays. [Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
Fix: Login and time will autocorrect itself. More details here.
- 3. PDF Preview not working after macOS 14 Beta 2 update. Reported by mugzhawaii. [Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
Workaround: Use Chrome for opening PDF.
- 4. Safari search bar not working for tony__Y. [Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
Workaround: Use a different browser or change the default Safari search engine.
- 5. macOS Sonoma no sound after Beta 2 update for alich345. Are you experiencing similar issues too?[Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
- 6. Finder 0 KB bug for all files when using quick look. Reported by Reddit user. [Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
Workaround: Use command + i comobo to bring up the file info and the correct file size should be shown or right-click the file name and Get Info!
macOS Sonoma 14 Beta 3 Download
This update is available, over-the-air in System Settings app on any Mac compatible with macOS 14!
Important: Apple recommends installing beta software versions on a secondary device!
- 1. In System Settings go for General -> Software Update -> Beta updates.
- 2. Select macOS Sonoma Developer Beta!
- 3. macOS Sonoma 14 Beta 3 should show up. Click Upgrade Now.
- 4. Agree with terms, enter password and follow the on screen prompts to grab this test version!
Have you installed macOS 14 Beta 3 on Mac? Noticed any changes, fixes or issues not mentioned here? Share your feedback in the comments!