Last updated on July 12th, 2023 at 03:54 amPosted in News by Patricia on July 6, 2023
iOS 17 beta 3 build number 21A5277h has been seeded by Apple and is available for all compatible iPhone models! Check out the changes, new features, bugs fixed and fresh problems!
iOS 17 Beta 3 Features
Changes reported by users in this version are highlighted here:
- 1. Autofill option available for Text fields that allow you to quickly insert Contact, Passwords, Scan Text.
- 2. View Credits option in Apple Music accessible from the Share menu as noticed by jack3chu.
- 3. Claim This Place option available in Apple Maps as reported here.
- 4. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 17 Beta 3 Issues
New and ongoing bugs reported for this version are tracked here:
- 1. Widgets not working on Home Screen in this version including: Wallet, Apple Music, Mail, Fitness, Weather, etc. Reported by this Reddit user.
Workaround: Open the app in question and widget will populate, but data might disappear again later.
- 2. Keyboard covers text field making it impossible to see what you type. Happens with various apps. Reported here.
Troubleshoot: Force quit and reopen app.
Workaround: Write your reply in Notes or any other text editing app. Copy the text and paste it into the bugged app using the three-finger pinch-out gesture!
Workaround 2: Command: “Siri, turn on Voice Control”! | Command 2: “Hide keyboard”! Thanks Marcel for this tip.
- 3. Live Wallpapers not working for some users.
Tip: Use Live Photos captured with an iPhone 11 Pro or later.
- 4. WiFi not working after Beta 3 update for nickkgar. Are you also experiencing similar problems?
- 5. Carrier signal bar not showing in Home Screen status bar for SnkArmz.
Fix: Reboot device.
- 6. Unable to Verify Update when installing iOS 17 Beta 3?
Fix: Go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage and delete the iOS 17 update file. Next, restart the update process.
- 7. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 17 Beta 3 Notes
iOS 17 Beta 3 Bugs Fixed?
Below we have a list with the issues reported during the previous beta. Help us label them as solved or not in the comments:
- 1. Messages unresponsive randomly. Reported by BoredMind. [Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
Fix: Reboot iPhone.
- 2. Wallpaper turns black on Lock Screen after update for Ed. This is an older issue reported since the early days of iOS 16.
More: details here.[Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
- 3. Namedrop glitches reported by Fateen. These are still very early days for a new iOS 17 feature.[Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
- 4. iPhone display won’t turn on after this update for Jerry. Are you experiencing the same? [Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
- 5. Calls declined automatically for Poufii. [Status: Fixed / Not Fixed]
Workaround: Reboot Apple Watch. Apparently it’s the watch that’s causing this bug and not the iPhone.
- 6. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 17 Beta 3 Download
- 1. Open Settings -> General -> Software Update using an iPhone XS or later model.
Tip: Apple recommends you to use a secondary device and perform a full encrypted backup before starting.
- 2. Tap on Beta Updates and select iOS 17 Developer Beta option!
- 3. iOS 17 Beta 3 will show up on the Software Update screen. Tap Update Now, agree with the terms, input Passcode and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Have you installed iOS 17 beta 3 on iPhone? Noticed any changes, features, fixes or issues not mentioned here! Share your feedback in the comments please!
Related: Apple has also seeded iPadOS 17 beta 3 (21A5277h), macOS Sonoma 14 beta 3 (23A5286g), watchOS 10 beta 3 (21R5305e), tvOS 17 beta 3 (21J5303f) and HomePod 17 beta 3!