Are WhatsApp replies not working on your iPhone? You’re trying to reply to a message but the quote isn’t showing up when you select the Reply option? The iOS keyboard is also hidden and it’s impossible to type anything?
WhatsApp Reply Not Working
This seems to happen every now and then, when trying to quote a message sent by the conversation partner.
How To Fix WhatsApp Reply Bug
Until the Facebook-owned app gets a software update that patches this issue, you can try the following to fix it:
1. Force Quit App
Most of the time this issue is fixed by relaunching the app:
- 1. Open the App Switcher, by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- 2. Swipe the WhatsApp card up to force close the app.
- 3. Open WhatsApp from Home Screen or Spotlight search.
- 4. Return to the chat in question. Quoted replies should work now!
2. Reboot iPhone
If the problem persists you have to restart iPhone. You can either power it Off and turn it back On or use the force restart trick described here.
3. Offload and Reinstall WhatsApp
If WhatsApp reply to message is still not working your next step is to reinstall the app. Use the Offload trick to avoid any data loss:
- Open Settings and browse for General -> iPhone Storage.
- Search for WhatsApp.
- Tap on Offload App.
- Now go for Reinstall and that’s it.
Fact: This will install the most recent WhatsApp version on your iPhone which ensures that you get the fix when Meta releases it.
Have you managed to fix WhatsApp reply not working? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section and share your feedback!
Related: WhatsApp crashing on iPhone again and again? Here is what you can do to fix it!