The iPhone 13 force restart trick is one of the most popular troubleshooting methods used for minor software issues. iOS 15 brings lots of new features but also a fair share of bugs. If you recently upgraded your hardware knowing how to hard reset iPhone 13 is almost mandatory!
iPhone 13 Force Restart Trick
- 1. Press and release Volume Up.
- 2. Do the same for Volume Down.
- 3. Press and hold the Side button until the screen turns black and a white Apple logo is displayed on the screen.
Fact: During the hard reset process the ‘Slide to Power Off’ screen is first displayed. Ignore it and continue to hold the Side button pressed until the screen goes black.
Tip: Provide your iPhone Passcode after iOS 15 reboots! The same hard reset procedure can be performed on all four new iPhone models: 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro & 13 Pro Max!
How To Force Restart Other iPhone Models
The iPhone 13 force restart combination is identical to the one used for hard resetting its predecessors the iPhone 12, 11, XS and X lineups.
Older iPhone models, that came with a Home Button used a different force restart combo:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone SE (1st gen) and earlier: Simultaneously press and hold Home button + Sleep/Wake button.
- iPhone 7: Simultaneously press and hold Volume Down + Sleep/Wake button
- iPhone 8 & SE (2nd gen): Force restarting procedure is identically with the one of the iPhone X to iPhone 13 lineups.
How To Force Restart Other Apple Devices
Most gadgets can be hard reset. Check out the list available below:
When To Force Restart iPhone 13
– The device to become unresponsive to touch. If iPhone freezes the first option to fix it is the hard reset trick!
– If features and functions don’t work as expected a hard reboot could help and is always the first recommended troubleshooting option.
iPhone 13 Soft Reset vs Hard Reset
By soft restart we understand the classic device restart procedure, that requires you to Power Off the device, wait a couple of seconds and power it back On.
Force restarting is more straightforward, it implies a single button combination and the iPhone will do the rest. While soft resetting is a two step procedure and takes a bit longer. The end result is the same.
Are you using the iPhone 13 force restart trick often? Share your feedback in the comments section.
Related: Check out some of the common iPhone 13 and iOS 15 issues:
– Unlock with Apple Watch not working
– Tap to Wake not working
– iPhone 13 and iOS 15 touch screen issues
– iPhone 13 crashing CarPlay
– Notifications not working in iOS 15
– FB Messenger videos flickering