2019 iPhone Lineup: iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone 8
Design-wise the 2019 iPhone flagships are identical to the previous two generations, the iPhone X and the XS. The only updates can be found in the internals (A13 chip), the Super Retina XDR screen and the triple-lens rear facing camera system. New colors are also available: midnight green is the new color on the market. The space gray, silver, and gold finishes have also been revamped. Last but not least, the front-facing camera has received a 12-megapixel sensor and a wider lense for better selfie coverage!
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max Pricing
Apple has maintained the pricing levels of last year, which have proved to be high enough:
iPhone 11: starts from $699. (The iPhone XR has been discounted to $599).
iPhone 11 Pro: starts at $999.
iPhone 11 Pro Max: can be purchased begining from $1099.
Fact: The cheapest iPhone from the 2019 lineup remains the iPhone 8 which starts from $449.
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max Preorders
The 2019 iPhone flagships can be preordered Friday, September 13 starting with 5am PDT. 8am EDT, 1pm UK, 14:00 Western Europe and more.
They become available in stores, one week later, Friday, September 20. That’s one they after the public release of iOS 13.
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max Camera Features
– an ultra-wide lens (f/2.4 aperture with 120-degree field of view) has been added and can be accessed through the Camera app via a 0.5x button. You can zoom out from 0.5x to 2.0x to take wider frames.
– the telephoto and wide-angle lenses have been also updated, including 100% Focus Pixels.
– a new Night mode can be found in the Camera app. It allows you to take illuminated photos even in low-light conditions. This feature is similar to the Google Pixel Night Sight option.
Fact: the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro are able to use computational photography. They merge photo data from all three lenses in order to improve image detail. According to the keynote, a technology labeled ‘Deep Fusion’ combines nine images using a neural network analysis. This is done for every single pixel.
– the iPhone 11 Pro video features are also special thanks to the three lens camera combo. Apple combines the three cameras to improve color and exposure. Videos can be recorded at 4K quality with extended dynamic range at 60 frames per second.
A13 Chip & Better Battery Life
– the new A13 Bionic chip has the fastest CPU and GPU performance for a smartphone on the market
– it comes with new matrix multiplication features, which make it ideal for machine learning tasks.
– according to Apple the A13 chip can perform over 1 trillion operations per second.
Benefits: higher power and lower performance which provides up to five hours of extended battery life compared to the previous iPhone generation.
Fact: Apple is also providing a 18W fast-charge adapter in the package.
What do you think about the new iPhones? Are you planing to upgrade? Have the above mentioned innovations convinced you to purchase them?