You can now hide your like count on Instagram for both old and new posts. More, you can even hide the like and view count of posts from accounts that you follow. All this thanks to the latest Instagram update for iOS and Android. This update aims to relieve the mental pressure caused by the race for likes and views and improve the user experience with the Facebook-owned platform!
How To Hide Your Like Count On Instagram
Before you start, make sure that you’ve updated Instagram to the most recent iOS version (direct link). Open the app and perform the following steps
1.For Old Posts
- Find one of your low performing posts. Tap on your account icon available in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the thumbnail of the post that you want to hide the likes for.
- Tap on the three-dots icon available in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Use the new Hide Like Count feature.
Tip: Repeat the
2. For New Posts
- Start a new Instagram post. Select the image/video and tap Next, until you reach the last step before sharing.
- After you write your Caption, Tag People and/or Add Location use the Advanced Settings option available at the bottom of the screen.
- Enable the Hide Like and View Counts on This Post feature.
Fact: By doing this you will be the only one able to see the total number of likes and views on this post. You can undo this change later on by following the steps described above, for old Instagram posts.
How To Hide Like Count For Other Accounts
If you want to disable the like and view count on your Instagram timeline proceed as follows:
- Tap on your Profile icon, available in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Use the Menu button, the three horizontal lines, available in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings and search for ‘posts’
- Enable the Hide Like and View Counts feature and you won’t see the total number of likes and views on post from other accounts.
Do you plan to hide your like count on Instagram? Use the comments section and let us know your take on this new Instagram feature!
Related: How to generate and customize Instagram QR Code on iPhone