1. Transfer Using AirDrop
When it comes to transferring large files to another Apple device, it’s best to use in-house
AirDrop option. It lets you seamlessly share photos, videos, and more to other Apple devices through Bluetooth. There’s no limit on data size for sharing and the feature is very reliable. There are some minor exceptions when AirDrop might fail to work but we’ve got them covered here.
How To AirDrop Large Files
1. Make sure that AirDrop is set to allow you to be seen by other Apple devices. Open Settings and browse for General -> AirDrop. Select ‘Everyone’.
2. Next, open the Photos app and select the file you want to transfer.
3. Tap the Share icon on the bottom-left corner.
4. Press the AirDrop icon available on the sharing card.
5. Tap the icon of the receiving device and hit Send.
Fact: That’s all that you have to do to AirDrop big media files! One more important aspect that you have to take in account is that your iPhone must be in the proximity of the other AirDrop device. The Atlantic notes that files can be exchanged via AirDrop from up to 30 feet (9 meters) away.
2. Transfer Using iCloud
iCloud is one of the powerful tools provided by Apple. Case in point: This cloud
computing service allows you to store and share all of your saved files on your iPhone.
To transfer your files to your iCloud, you have to:
1. Open the Files app and tap on the iCloud Drive option.
2. If your selected file isn’t there, be sure to transfer it to your iCloud storage.
3. Once you’ve located your file, tap the Select button on the top right of the screen.
4. Next, press the Share icon on the bottom left of the page.
5. Then tap the Add People option.
6. This provides you with a link to transfer your file on different platforms like Gmail and Facebook.
3. Transfer Using Google Drive
Another option you should consider for transferring your files is the cloud storage option called Google Drive. While Google is typically associated with Android phones, there’s a Google Drive program for Mac computers. This means that you can easily transfer your heavy duty files from your iPhone with this software.
1. Download (direct link) the Google Drive app on your iPhone, from the App Store.
2. Open the app, and tap the blue ‘+’; icon available in the bottom-right corner.
3. Then select Upload and choose the files you’d like to transfer.
4. Once uploaded, you can access your large files in Google Drive – whether it’s on the computer or another phone.
4. Other Third Party Services
Both iCloud as well as Google Drive come with a limited free storage quota. iCloud includes only 5GB free storage, while Google’s cloud service has the free storage limited to 15GB.
If you’re looking to send lots of large files on a regular basis then you have to think about purchasing additional iCloud / Google Drive storage or use a third party file transferring service.
One of them can be the Box solution. The info on file transfers on Box suggests going for plans that can go up to 32GB, which is perfect for those who regularly work with a large number of heavy files. Having this option means you don’t have to worry about server space and file size limits when it comes to sending and receiving e-mails. Plus, you can preview over 120 various file formats before you decide to download it.
How do you prefer to share big media files from your iPhone? Let us know in the comments section available below.
Related: Do you know how to export Apple Card data from iPhone!