How To Search For Emoji On iPhone (In iOS 14)
Last updated on August 17th, 2020 at 04:34 pmPosted in How To by Mike on June 25, 2020
As soon as you update to iOS 14 (currently in beta testing), you can start searching for a specific emoji, every time you use the iPhone’s stock keyboard.
Let’s check this out right away and prevent you from straining your eyes ever again, when searching for the perfect emoji!
iOS 14 Emoji Search Feature
In iOS 14 the emoji keyboard is equipped with a new search field. Here is how to use it:
1. Open Messages, Mail or any other app that requires you to input text.
2. Select a conversation and tap on the text input area, where the ‘iMessage’ label is. This will cause the keyboard to slide-in from the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the ‘smiley face’, available in the bottom-left corner of the screen, to bring up the emoji keyboard.
Tip: If you never used the emoji keyboard on your iPhone, you have to enable it first learn here how to do enable it.
4. Tap on the new ‘Search Emoji’ bar, that’s located between the Messages app scrubber and the Frequently Used emoji section.
5. Type the attribute or the explanation of the emoji that you’re looking for. If you’re spot on the emoji will display.
Tip: If you’re not sure about the name just type a part of it and the iOS 14 emoji search suggestions will show up.
6. Tap the emoji to insert it in your message and hit the ‘blue arrow’ or the Send button, depending on which app you’re using.
Tip: You can long long-press an emoji, to choose between various skin colors. Drag your finger until you reach the desired shade. Release to add it to your message!
Frequently Used Emojis
You can also get quick access to your favorite emojis by checking out the ‘Frequently Used’ section that’s available on the emoji keyboard home screen. However, it’s still only a 6 column section that can host your most recent 30 emojis. iOS 14 doesn’t bring any changes here although many users have requested extra column for this important section. The new emoji search bar should compensate though. What do you think?
What’s your take on the new iOS 14 emoji search feature? Is it a life saver for you too? Let us know in the comments section available below.
iOS 14 Emoji Search Video Tutorial
Check out our hands on demo with the new emoji search feature in the video tutorial available here:
Related: Do you want to find out more about the 2020 iPhone OS. Check out this collection of iOS 14 features!