Last updated on June 19th, 2023 at 01:59 amPosted in Reviews by Tyrone on June 15, 2023
macOS Sonoma 14 brings lots of new features and changes to the Mac computer! Apple has highlighted some of them during the WWDC23 keynote. However, there are many more that haven’t been mentioned, but are surfacing during the beta testing stages!
macOS Sonoma Features
There are many significant enhancements coming to the Mac in 2023. Below, you’ll find two categories: those highlighted by Apple in the keynote and others uncovered and reported by users!
macOS Sonoma Features Highlighted by Apple
- 1. Widgets on Desktop – in macOS Sonoma you can add your favorite widgets on the desktop and also interact with them. Play a podcast, control your Home accessories and more!
- 2. Presenter Overlay – allows you to stay in sight while sharing your screen. You can choose between the large overlay that keeps the spotlight on you and a small overlay that’s bubble-shapped.
- 3. Camera Reactions – macOS Sonoma video conferencing is even more spicy with reactions that are trigger by hand gestures. Fill up the screen with confetti by showing two thumbs up, trigger balloons and more.
- 4. Screen sharing picker – is a macOS 14 feature that allows you to easy share an app in a video call, right from the app’s window.
- 5. Profiles in Safari – macOS Sonoma is now able to draw a distinct line between Work, Personal, School and other sections of your life. Profiles in Safari help you separate your history, extensions, Tab Groups, cookies, and favorites.
- 6. Locked Private Browsing windows – macOS 14 is able to auto-lock windows when you’re not using them and blocks trackers and removes tracking added to URL while you browse.
- 7. Shared passwords – This macOS Sonoma feature allows you to create a group to share passwords with contacts.
- 8. Web apps in Dock – You can now easily add any website in the Dock under the form of a web app and access websites using a simplified look.
- 9. Document autofill – this feature has been improved in macOS 14. You can now autofill contact info faster in a PDF or scanned document.
- 10. Predictive text – anticipates the upcoming word or event the entire sentence. Press spacebar to go with the suggestion!
- 11. Screen savers – macOS Sonoma adds new slow-mo screen savers depicting beautiful locations from around the world. They become desktop wallpapers when you sign in.
- 12. Live Stickers in Messages – A new stickers drawer brings your Live Stickers and Memoji in the same place.
- 13. Game Mode – prioritizes CPU and GPU of your Mac for the game that you decide to run. Background tasks are reduced and latency with wireless accessories like game controllers is significantly lowered.
HeySiri – Wake your virtual assistant by calling ‘Siri’ instead of the usual ‘Hey Siri’ wakeup call!
macOS Sonoma New Features (Hidden)
Other changes uncovered during beta testing are mentioned here:
- 1. Copy iCloud link now available in Photos on Mac! Reported by Tiokuus.
- 2. Revamped Print Center has been reported for macOS 14.
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Have you tried macOS Sonoma 14 features out? Which are your favorites? Have noticed a change that’s not mentioned in this article? Share your feedback in the comments!