macOS Ventura 13.5 build number 22G74 is available to all compatible Macs! It’s an important update that focuses on bug fixes and brings lots of security improvements! Ongoing issues and changes are tracked here too!
macOS 13.5 Issues
Problems and bugs reported for this version are tracked here:
- 1. Location Services bug not showing apps with permission granted for using Location Services on Mac. Reported by luckmann212.
Fact: This is a significant issue, that Apple will correct in an upcoming macOS 13.5.1 update!
- 2. Finder window not remembering size and updating with delay, not showing new files.
- 3. Universal control bug still present after macOS 13.5 update. Mouse cursor lags and freezes on the second monitor. Reported by trickedx5.
Workaround: Disconnect and reconnect the second device.
- 4. Text replacement not working has been reported in this version too. It’s an older macOS Ventura bug.
Fix: Go for System Settings -> Keyboard. Open Text Replacements and click Done. This should ‘reactivate’ them.
- 5. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS Ventura 13.5 Security Updates
There is an impressive amount of security fixes included in this update. The security content lists 44 vulnerabilities that have been addressed from the following areas:
- Apple Neural Engine, AppleMobileFileIntegrity, AppSandbox, Assets, CUPS, curl, Find My, Grapher, Kernel, libxpc, Model I/O, Music, Net-SNMP, NSSpellChecker, OpenLDAP, PackageKit, Shortcut, sips, System Migration, Time Zone, Voice Memos, NSURLSession, WebKit, WebKit Process Model and WebKit Web Inspector.
Fact: The problems have been solved with improved checks, restrictions, validation, state and memory management. For extended details check the complete document here.
macOS 13.5 Bugs Fixed
Problems addressed in this update are tracked here:
- 1. High refresh rate bug for external monitors when using docks has been fixed according to this Reddit user. Can you confirm it too?
- 2. iPod shuffle sync issue has been fixed in this release. Confirmed in the release notes.
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS Ventura 13.5 Download
- 1. Open System Settings and go for General -> Software Update.
- 2. macOS Ventura 13.5 update should show up.
- 3. Click Update Now or Install Now.
- 4. Input Mac password and be patient until the security fix is requested, downloaded and prepared.
Fact: macOS 13.5 won’t show up if your computer already runs macOS Sonoma beta, because it’s an inferior version!
macOS 13.5 Not Available?
Tip: In macOS 13.4.1 ‘x’-ing the app won’t close it! App remains running in the background. This is confirmed by a black dot displayed under the app icon, in the Dock. Right-click the app’s icon and select Quit to force close it!
Have you installed macOS Ventura 13.5 on Mac? Are you facing any other issues not mentioned in this article? What about enhancements and bug fixes? Use the comments section!