Are you looking for a way to remove audio devices that you no longer use, from the macOS menu bar? I’m talking about those digital speakers that pile up in the drop-down list of the Sound menu!
How To Remove Audio Device From macOS Sound Menu
- 1. Open Finder from Dock or using Spotlight Search (command + Space).
- 2. Click on Go, in the top-left menu bar.
- 3. Use Go to Folder….
- 4. Copy/Paste the following address:
/Library/Audio/and hit Return.
- 5. Click the Audio folder and go for Plug-Ins -> HAL.
- 6. Right-click on the driver of the device that you want to remove and send it to the Trash.
- 7. Reboot Mac and the audio device will stop appearing in the Sound Menu, of the macOS menu bar.
Credits: Thanks banterr for sharing this trick!
Have you managed to remove speakers from macOS Sound drop-down list? Do you have a better solution for macOS Ventura users? Don’t hesitate to share your feedback in the comments!
Related: For more info iPhone and Mac related tips and tricks browse here.