Last updated on June 17th, 2020 at 06:43 amPosted in News by Patricia on June 12, 2020
WWDC 2020 is a five-day-long event spanning from June 22-26. Only the keynote will be available to the large public. Not only the Developers but anyone owning an iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV and other Apple compatible products will be able to stream the keynote. However, all the other content that takes a deeper look into the upcoming updates of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS will be accessible, on demand, to paying Apple Developers via the app or website.
Fact: Although WWDC 2020 won’t enjoy any offline crowds, it will have the highest ‘attendance’ in history. Until now tickets to these conferences were retailing for $1,500. This year all paying ($99/year) Apple Developers have granted access!
WWDC 2020 Schedule
- June 22, 10 a.m. PDT – Keynote – The most expected event of the Worldwide Developers Conference 2020. The most expected moment will be the preview of iOS 14!
- June 22, 2 p.m. PDT – Platforms State of the Union – After the keynote Apple Developers are invited to access on demand content with in depth info about the upcoming software updates: iOS 14, iPadOS 14, tvOS 14, watchOS 7 and macOS 10.16
Spoiler Alert: The first iOS 14 Developer Beta is expected to be rolled out during this event!
- June 23 – 26 – Engineering Sessions – Apple announced over 100 engineering sessions to teach developers how to built the next generation of apps. New videos will be posted daily at 10:00 a.m. PT and will be available in the Apple Developer app and on the website.
- June 23 – 26 – Developer Labs – Developers are able to book an appointment with an Apple engineer and get in depth technical guidance about how to implement new features in their upcoming projects.
- June 18 – 22 – Redesigned Apple Developer Forums – A brand new Developer forums will be unveiled 4 days before the start of the WWDC 2020. The goal is to connect the developer community with more than 1,000 Apple engineers. Many questions will be answered and on the opening day of the conference anyone can browse the forums, while Apple Developers can continue to post questions who will be able to answer questions and engage in technical discussions.
Important: The finalists of the 2020 Swift Student Challenge will be announced by Apple on June 16.
Tip: If you’re an Apple Developer make sure that you download the Apple Developer app as soon as possible because Apple plans to share more important info in the build up of WWDC 2020! (App Store link: here)
WWDC 2020 Keynote Countdown Timer
Use the timer listed below to know exactly when the keynote starts in your time zone:
Do you plan to watch the WWDC 2020 keynote live online? You can use this free YouTube live stream!
Related: Rumors claim that iOS 14 will be compatible with all iPhone models that can run iOS 13!