macOS Monterey 12.6.6 Security Update, Issues, Bugs & More
Apple has released macOS Monterey 12.6.6 (21G646) with security updates for Macs that are not compatible with macOS Ventura. Find out how to install it, check the known issues and everything else!
macOS Monterey 12.6.6 Update
- This release is available over-the-air in System Preferences -> Software Update.
- Click Update Now and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed!
Fact: This release comes together with the Safari 16.5 update! You can install both updates in the same time or separately. You can check our Safari 16.5 review over here.
macOS 12.6.6 Features
Updates for older macOS versions don’t include any new features. They mostly focus on ‘important security fixes’ instead!
Nevertheless, if any changes are reported we will update them here:
- To be updated! (Contribute in the comments.)
macOS Monterey 12.6.6 Security Fixes
Apple has released an impressive amount of security fixes in this release. Over 20 vulnerabilities have been patched covering:
- Accessibility, AppleEvents, AppleMobileFileIntegrity, Contacts, CUPS, dcerpc, Dev Tools, GeoServices, ImageIO, IOSurface, Kernel, LaunchServices, libxpc, Metal, Model I/O, NetworkExtension, PackageKit, Perl, Sandbox, Shell, Telephony, TV App.
More: details about all these patches are available in Apple’s support document!
macOS Monterey 12.6.6 Issues
Ongoing problems reported for this version are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments.)
Have you installed macOS 12.6.6 on Mac? Did you spot any changes or fixes not mentioned here? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also released iOS 15.7.6 (19H349) for older iPhone and iPad models as well as macOS Big Sur 11.7.7 (20G1345).