5 Tips To Preserve The Quality Of The iPhone X Super Retina OLED Display
However, to keep things simple, you have to know that, overall, OLED is the better solution when it comes to the viewing experience, resource management and even physical size. The downside of this technology is that it can wear-out in time and is more prone to long-term usage problems like “image persistence” or “burn-ins”. According to an Apple statement, released just a few hours ago, you might also experience slight shifts in color and hue if you look at the display from an an-off angle. Nevertheless, this is labeled as normal OLED behavior
5 Tips To Preserve The iPhone X OLED Display
After paying over $1,000 dollars for this premium Apple device, hearing that it can wear out and show a faint remnant of an image, even after a new picture is displayed on the screen, you might feel shivers down the spine. Don’t panic just yet though, these are extreme cases that you can avoid by following these tips:
1. Auto-Brightness Feature: should always remain enabled on the iPhone X. It automatically calibrates the brightness levels to suit the ambient light of your current location. It minimizes the time your iPhone ‘Ten’ will display content at maximum intensity! This setting can be tweaked in Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations.
2. iPhone X Auto-Lock: Minimize the time your iPhone X display is active by setting the Auto-Lock feature to the minimum value of 30 seconds. A few seconds might seem insignificant now, but adding them up during a few years of usage might make a difference between a healthy OLED and worn-out one.
3. Static Images & Maximum Brightness: are a harmful combination for the iPhone X OLED display. Avoid displaying static images for long periods of time. This might occur in apps that require the display to be ON even when you’re not using the device. In this cases you can bypass Auto-Brightness and dim the screen from the Control Center.
4. Software Update: iOS 11 is specially crafted to minimize the effects of long term use on the iPhone X’s Super Retina display. This is why its very important to always update to the latest available version. Updating is easily accomplished over-the-air from Settings -> General -> Software Update.
5. Excessive Sunlight: Avoid using the iPhone X in direct sunlight. It will force the device to display using maximum Brightness values and you’ll still find the viewing experience problematic. Storing it under the sun isn’t a good idea either, as the device can heat up excessively and wear out sooner than expected!
Related: Use your iPhone Ten’s display at its full potential with these App Store apps that updated with support for iPhone X!