AirPods Pro sound muffled during calls after iOS 16 update? The mic isn’t picking up your voice properly anymore? The person at the other end of the line is having a hard time hearing you? Here is what you can do to fix it!
AirPods Pro Muffled Mic Problem
This issue has been reported by Aurora:
“airpods pro mic quality is poor after ios 16 update. My voice sounds muffled during calls and others can’t hear me properly. is this common?”
We’ve found similar complaints on Reddit.
Update: Issue has been also confirmed in the iOS 16.1 test versions. Apple might be not aware of it. Are you having similar sound issues? Share them in the comments section, along with any other useful details.
How to Fix AirPods Pro Muffled Mic
Users with this issue have managed to solve it by resetting the wireless earbuds:
- 1. Connect AirPods to iPhone, open Settings and tap on your AirPods name.
- 2. Scroll all the way down to Forget Device.
- 3. After unpairing, reset AirPods by bringing them back in the case, closing the lid and pressing & holding the back button (15 seconds) until the LED light flashes ‘amber’ and then ‘white’.
- 4. Bring the case next to your iPhone and open the lid.
- 5. Follow the on-screen prompts to re-pair AirPods to your iPhone.
More details available here.
Does this help? Have you managed to fix AirPods Pro muffled mic after iOS 16 update? Do you have a better solution or other problems? Use the comments to share your feedback.
Related: Apple has recently released the AirPods Pro 2. Check out our extended review available here.