Apple has just release iOS 16.0.2 build number 20A380 for all compatible iPhone models. This is a small-sized but very important first update that fixes many annoying iOS 16.0 bugs and errors!
iOS 16.0.2 Bugs Fixed
- 1. iPhone 14 Pro camera shaking and vibrating when opened via third-party apps! (FIXED!)
- 2. Black screen issue during device setup. (FIXED!)
- 3. Allow Paste popups showing every time when copy/pasting between apps. (?)
Update: This fix isn’t confirmed yet. Joey informs that he’s still getting the ‘would like to paste from’ permission requests especially for WhatsApp!
“Even with the 16.0.2 Update installed; My iphone 12 pro max is still getting CONSTANT paste permissiom pop-up boxes.”
- 4. Touch screen not working properly for iPhone X, XR and 11 models serviced with aftermarket displays. (?)
“I have an Iphone XR with a third party screen replacement, DON’T UPDATE YET. Tried 16.0.2 since they mentioned a fix for touch screen issues but it didn’t work again. This time the screen was even less responsive.”
- 5. VoiceOver not working after reboot. (FIXED!)
- To be updated!
Apple might have addressed other problems too, as we had over 15 reported issues on our iOS 16.0 review page. If you notice any other fixes don’t hesitate to share them in the comments and we will update them here:
iOS 16.0.2 Problems
New errors and issues encountered in this release, along with available workarounds, are listed here:
- 1. Touch screen issues continue to be reported for iPhones with aftermarket screen replacements! Reported by Sain and Diego.
Workaround: Use the Touch Accomodations fix provided here or downgrade back to iOS 15.7
- 2. Would like to paste from popups are still showing up frequently for users. Reported by Joey.
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.0.2 Download
You can install this release, over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update!
Tap Download and Install and be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your iPhone!
iOS 16.0.2 Not Available?
If you’ve already updated to an iOS 16.1 beta version, this release won’t show up even if you delete the iOS 16 Beta Profile and reboot your iPhone.
You have to downgrade if you want to switch back to this public release!
iOS 16.0.2 Features
Apple hasn’t mentioned any other changes and we don’t expect any new features. Nevertheless, if changes are reported, we’ll share them below:
- 1. Charging On Hold notification on Lock Screen confirms that device is too hot and charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature.
Fact: This notification has been introduced from the initial version, however a series of readers have reported seeing it for the first time only after the iOS 16.0.2 update. We’re keeping an eye on it!
- To be updated!
iOS 16.0.2 Security Update
Apple also mentions important security updates in the release notes. However, at the time of writing, there are no published CVE entries on the appropriate Apple.com support section.
We’ll check back later for updates!
Have you installed iOS 16.0.2 on your iPhone? Did you spot any changes not mentioned here? What about new errors and issues or unfixed bugs? Share your feedback and ask for help in the comments!