Apple Music Sing Not Available On Mac, iPhone or iPad?
Apple Music Sing not available on your device? Apple has recently announced a new karaoke experience that will be most likely released alongside iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2. However, this new feature won’t be available for many Apple devices!
Apple Music Sing Not Available On Mac
First, you should know that the Apple Music karaoke experience is not supported on Mac!
This is confirmed in Apple’s support document:
“Apple Music Sing will be available in December across a range of our most popular devices, from iPhone to iPad to Apple TV.”
Apple Music Sing Requirements
To be able to enjoy this new singing experience you have to meet the following requirements:
- 1. Apple Music membership (The basic subscription works as well as Apple One or any other bundle).
- 2. Update to iOS 16.2 / iPadOS 16.2 or later (To be released soon).
- 3. Own a compatible iPhone, iPad or Apple TV (compatibility list available below).
Fact: The good news is that this new karaoke experience will be available worldwide. It won’t be country restricted.
Apple Music Sing Supported Devices
This karaoke experience is compatible with 24 devices:
The iPhone 11 is the oldest iOS device that can run Apple Music Sing here are all the others:
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro Max, 13 Pro, 13, 13 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro Max, 12 Pro, 12, 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11
- iPhone SE (3rd gen.)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th gen.) & (6th gen.)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd gen.) & (4th gen.)
- iPad (9th gen.) & (10th gen.)
- iPad mini (6th gen.)
Apple TV Models
- 2022 Apple TV 4K
Important: Surprisingly, only the latest Apple TV 4K (2022) is Apple Music Sing compatibility. That’s most likely because it packs the new A15 Bionic chip and support for HDR10+.
It’s not sure how much marketing is behind this limitation. Nevertheless, it’s a pity because large TV screens are ideal for a karaoke experience with friends and family. Is Apple looking to push the sale of the new Apple TV 4K?
Fact: I won’t be surprised if Apple Music Sing compatibility will be extended in a subsequent update after the holidays!
Apple Music Sing Features
If you meed the above requirements, the karaoke experience should be awesome. Here is why:
- Adjustable Vocals: You can control a song’s vocal levels. You can sing with the original artist vocals, take the lead, or mix it up. This is available for millions of songs from the Apple Music library.
- Real-time Lyrics: Animated lyrics that dance to the rhythm of the vocals will help you out.
- Background Vocals: Vocal lines sung simultaneously can animate independently from the main vocals to make your performance easier to follow and more pleasant to the ear.
- Duet View: Lyrics for multiple vocalists show on opposite sides of the screen. This makes duets easier to sing along.
Fact: Apple Music will also introduce over 50 new playlists with the most popular karaoke songs from all around the world.
What do you think about the new Apple Music Sing feature? Do you own at least one device that’s supporting? Share your feedback in the comments. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.
Related: For more iOS 16.2 new features and improvements please check our review during the beta testing stage over here.
I updated to iOS 16.2 RC but can’t find the Apple Music Sing toggle in the song’s lyrics. Can anyone help?
Thanks for reporting Olive. You must be trying to play songs from your Library. Use the Search field instead and it will work for most songs. Here are more details:
exciting news until i see that se2020 wasn’t supported
Yeah. These limitations are annoying when you’re using an older device.
Has the Apple Music sing bug been reported yet??
Yes, this unexpected behavior has been reported. This is the feedback no. FB11875472