Did you know that you can get iMessages on PC? We didn’t either. At least not until, user RinoxITA has posted a workaround on Reddit, that allows you to use iMessages on any computer that’s running Windows 10.
All that you have to do is install the Dell Mobile Connect app on both your personal computer and iPhone. Pair your Apple smartphone and your PC and start sending and receiving Messages directly on your Windows 10 PC.
Trick: The Dell Mobile Connect software is normally available only for Dell computers, but a workaround presented in the step-by-step guide available below, allows you to download it on any Windows 10 computer!
How To Use iMessages On PC
Use this step-by-step tutorial and you will be able to get iMessages on your Windows 10 machine:
I. Install Dell Mobile Connect On Any Windows PC
Fact: If you own a Dell computer you can grab the app directly from the built-in Windows store.
- 1. Enable Developer Mode in Windows 10: Open Settings on your PC and browse for Update and Security. Click on For Developers and enable the Developer Mode.
Fact: This allows you to download .APPX files from any location and install it on your Windows 10 PC. Else, you can only install Dell Mobile Connect from the Windows store only if you own a Dell computer.
- 2. Download Dell Mobile Connect: Click here and download the Dell app ( an .appx package).
- 3. Double-click on the downloaded file to install it.
- 4. Click, Yes to provide permission and allow the install.
- 1. Open the Microsoft Store: using a web browser on your Windows 10 computer, click here.
- 2. Use the Add to Cart option.
Important: Do not use the blue Obtain button. You will be prompted with the ‘This app is not compatible with this device’ error.
- 3. Log-in to Microsoft account (or create one from scratch) and complete the checkout process.
- 4. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the Dell Mobile Connect app.
II. Download Dell Mobile Connect On iPhone
After installing the app on your Windows 10 PC, grab your iPhone and get the iOS version of the same app:
How To: Open App Store and tap on GET. (Direct link). Open the app
Fact: You can use the same trick with Android devices. Dell Mobile Connect app is also available in the Google Play Store.
III. Connect Computer With iPhone
- 1. Open Dell Mobile Connect on your iOS device.
- 2. Give the app the requested permissions for Contacts, Photos (you can choose Select Photos, new iOS 14 feature, and share a single photo, just to configure the app). You also have to allow the app, to run in the background and keep the Bluetooth connectivity active.
- 3. A code for your PC’s Dell Mobile Connect app is generated and displayed on the screen.
- 4. Type the Bluetooth pairing code on the Dell app, on your computer and you’re good to go!
Fact: Receiving and dialing calls on your Windows 10 computer are also supported!
iMessages On Computer Limitations
If you use the Dell Mobile Connect app to send and receive iMessages on computer you will have to accept the following shortcomings:
– iMessage Stickers aren’t supported.
– Do Not Disturb mode is only partially available.
– iPhone battery could drain a bit faster, because a background Bluetooth connectivity will be permanently active between your iOS device and computer.
Do you plan to use iMessage on your PC? Let us know in the comments section available below. Don’t hesitate to ask for additional help if needed!
Related: How to use iMessages on an Android smartphone!