A less known feature exclusive to the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max flagships allows you to easily measure a person’s height with the help of the stock iOS 14 Measure app.
This trick uses the new built-in LiDAR sensor that provides precise scene mapping and thus allows your iPhone to instantly measure height of subjects. The iPhone 12 Pro and iOS 14 are even able to measure the seated height of an individual, as detailed by Apple.
How To Measure Height With iPhone 12 Pro
- 1. Open the stock Measure app on any compatible iPhone or iPad.
- 2. Frame the person in the viewfinder. The subject has to appear on the screen from head to toe.
- 3. An instant later, a horizontal line appears above the person’s head (hair or hat). The height measurement is displayed below the line in feet or meters, depending on your device’s measure units setting.
Trick: If you’re getting an unexpected height measurement, you can double-check it. Just turn your iPhone away to reset the result and return to the subject to take the measurement again!
How To Save Height Measurement
Tap the Shutter button, available in the bottom-right corner of the screen to capture a photo with the height measurement included. Next, tap on the screenshot thumbnail, in the bottom-left corner of the screen and tap Done. Select ‘Save to Photos’ or ‘Save to Files’.
Tip: You can share the height measurement screenshot from the Photos app using the Share Sheets icon (bottom-left).
How To Change Height Measurement Unit
- 1. Open the Settings app.
- 2. Scroll for Measure.
- 3. Tap on Metric or Imperial depending on which measure unit you prefer.
Important: The iOS 14 height measurement feature is also available on the 2020 iPad Pro models that are also equipped with the revolutionary LiDAR technology!
What do you think about the new iPhone 12 Pro height measurement feature? Does it display your accurate height? Let us know using the comments section available below.
Related: How to capture Night Mode time-lapse with iPhone 12 models!