AirPods Max firmware version 3E756 has been released by Apple! It’s the third ever software update rolled out for the premium Bluetooth headphones, since their December 2020 launch. It comes to replace build number 3C39, which was seeded back in March.
AirPods Max Firmware 3E756 Features
Unfortunately, Apple does not provide any info under the form of an update log for AirPods Max firmware updates. It can be anything from under-the-hood improvements to bug fixes and other enhancements.
However, the timing of the AirPods Max 3E756 firmware update hints that the new version is probably correlated with the release of the Apple Music Spatial Audio feature. With Dolby Atmos you can now use your AirPods Max to listen to music streamed in 3D-audio from a compatible iPhone, iPad or Mac device.
How To Check AirPods Max Firmware
Unlike iOS, iPadOS or macOS the AirPods Max software can’t be updated manually. Apples over-ear headphones will update manually when certain conditions are meet. Here is how to check the current firmware version of your AirPods Max and see if your headphones have already been updated:
- Connect the AirPods Max to an iPhone or iPad.
- Open Settings and tap on Bluetooth.
- Tap the blue ‘i’ icon available next to the name of your AirPods.
- Check the character string available next to the ‘Version’ label, in the About section. If it reads 3E756, it means that your AirPods Max are updated to the latest version!
How To Update AirPods Max Firmware
If your AirPods are still running the old 3C39 firmware, you can apply this trick to try to force the update:
- 1. Reset your AirPods Max and connect them to a power source.
- 2. Also connect them your iPhone or iPad.
- 3. Leave them nearby the paired iOS / iPadOS device for a longer period of time.
Have your AirPods Max updated to firmware 3E756. Do you notice any difference in your music playback experience? Use the comments section to share your feedback!
Related: Is Noise Cancelation not working on AirPods Max? Here is how to fix it!