Last updated on October 6th, 2021 at 08:14 pm
Apple has released AirPods firmware 4A400 with advanced Find My integration that allows the AirPods Pro and AirPods Max to be located with the help of the Find My network, using connections with Apple devices owned by other people!
AirPods Firmware 4A400 And Case 0.8.1
It comes 4 months after the release of version 3E756.
AirPods Case firmware version is also updated from 1.0.8 to
0.8.1. Update, apparently a second case version has been pushed, which now reads 1.3.5!
Fact: Apple has also released a new firmware version 4A394 for Beats Solo Pro, Powerbeats 4 and Powerbeats Pro!
AirPods Firmware 4A400 Features
Apple doesn’t issue any release notes for Airpods firmware updates, so any changes included in this rollout will be updated below after testing:
- Advanced Find My Integration: You can now find the precise location of AirPods that are powered powered by the W1 or H1 chip, thanks to the Find My network!
- Conversation Boost: this highly awaited Accessibility feature is now available! You can use your AirPods Pro to enhance your hearing experience during face-to-face conversations. You can find out all details here!
How To Check AirPods Firmware Version
- Connect AirPods with iPhone or iPad.
- Open Settings and tap on Bluetooth.
- Scroll for the About section and read Version number.
- Tap on Version to get the Case firmware number.
How To Update AirPods To Firmware 4A400
Apple doesn’t provide a firmware update option within the AirPods settings and informs that new versions are automatically when the AirPods are connected via Bluetooth to iPhone.
- 1. Get AirPods out from the case and play music for one minute.
- 2. Plug AirPods case into a charger using the USB to Lightning cable.
- 3. Bring the AirPods back in their case while keeping them connected to your iPhone.
- 4. Keep iPhone unlocked with the Bluetooth settings screen turned On for a couple of minutes.
- 5. Close AirPods case. The earphones will disconnect from iPhone. Open the case and reconnect AirPods. Check firmware version. Has it updated to 4A400?
Fact: iPhone battery should also be charged above 50%. Connecting iPhone to charger might also further increase the likelihood of an AirPods firmware update!
AirPods Firmware 4A400 Bugs
Any issues found in this new release will be updated here. Thanks, in advance, for your contribution!
- To be updated.
Have your AirPods updated to firmware 4A400? Do you notice any other new features or bugs? Use the comments section to share your feedback.
Related: Some of the most important AirPods related features and bugs in iOS 15 are:
– How to add Background Sounds to music playback on AirPods
– How to fix AirPods connection unsuccessful issue in iOS 15.
– How to fix Siri Airpods Pro Controls not working in iOS 15.