Last updated on April 22nd, 2015 at 08:54 pmPosted in News by Tyrone on September 24, 2014
There is a wave of complaints currently unfolding on the web and the social media websites, with numerous iPhone 6 Plus users that just discovered the device’s curved screen
Many iPhone fans have emailed us and complained about this shocking flaw of the iPhone 6 Plus design. At first sight this problem is caused by the huge size of the
Competitors like Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 with a length of 5.95 inches (151.2 mm) and a depth of 0.33 inches (8.3 mm) are far more resistant to bending because of their plastic bodies. They bend harder but also return to original shape without problems.
6 Tips to Avoid iPhone 6 Plus Bending
In the mid of this crisis we have five tips that significantly lower the chance of joining the iPhone 6 Plus BendGate:
1. Use a Case: Although it comes with the usual side effects a case will protect your phone from higher bending forces.
2. Avoid Tight Pants: Say goodbye to skinny jeans or slim fit trousers if you wish to protect your iPhone 6 Plus.
3. Pouch Time: To be extremely safe avoid storing your device in a trouser pocket. Use your large jacket pockets or a pouch.
4. Upside down: If you love taking chances, at least dive your iPhone on its head in your pocket. The weak-point seems to be near the volume buttons, so you wish that the flex forces when sitting down are aimed towards the home button area.
5. Cool down: It’s wise to wait for your iPhone to cool down before placing it in your pocket. Warmed-up Aluminium could become even more vulnerable to bending stress forces!
6. Choose iPhone 6: If you haven’t upgraded already, choose the iPhone 6 instead. The smaller size makes it less bendable.