Last updated on April 22nd, 2015 at 08:54 pmIf you’re still considering whether to opt for the new iPhone 6 or its super-sized Plus model here is another ‘Feature’ that could throw the balance towards the 4.7″ display device. Until now, we discussed Pricing and Reachability differences of the two iDevices, but wait until you see the curved screen option!
There is a wave of complaints currently unfolding on the web and the social media websites, with numerous iPhone 6 Plus users that just discovered the device’s curved screen
Many iPhone fans have emailed us and complained about this shocking flaw of the iPhone 6 Plus design. At first sight this problem is caused by the huge size of the
Competitors like Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 with a length of 5.95 inches (151.2 mm) and a depth of 0.33 inches (8.3 mm) are far more resistant to bending because of their plastic bodies. They bend harder but also return to original shape without problems.
6 Tips to Avoid iPhone 6 Plus Bending
In the mid of this crisis we have five tips that significantly lower the chance of joining the iPhone 6 Plus BendGate:
1. Use a Case: Although it comes with the usual side effects a case will protect your phone from higher bending forces.
2. Avoid Tight Pants: Say goodbye to skinny jeans or slim fit trousers if you wish to protect your iPhone 6 Plus.
3. Pouch Time: To be extremely safe avoid storing your device in a trouser pocket. Use your large jacket pockets or a pouch.
4. Upside down: If you love taking chances, at least dive your iPhone on its head in your pocket. The weak-point seems to be near the volume buttons, so you wish that the flex forces when sitting down are aimed towards the home button area.
5. Cool down: It’s wise to wait for your iPhone to cool down before placing it in your pocket. Warmed-up Aluminium could become even more vulnerable to bending stress forces!
6. Choose iPhone 6: If you haven’t upgraded already, choose the iPhone 6 instead. The smaller size makes it less bendable.