macOS 13.3.1 Problems, Issues, Fixes And Workarounds
Apple has released macOS Ventura 13.3.1 (22E261) with bug features and security patches exactly one month ago! Let’s take a look at the issues that are still persisting in macOS Ventura and their available workarounds!
macOS 13.3.1 Problems
Below you can find ongoing bugs and available troubleshooting options:
- 1. Unlock with Apple Watch issue seems still not fixed according to various reports, although is announced as addressed in the release notes. Are you also still experiencing it?
Workaround: We’ve addressed this issue several times in the past. Please check these articles: 1, 2 and 3.
- 2. Weather app not working after update.
- 3. Handoff with iPad not working. Reported by Humble-Papaya8543.
Workaround: Boot Mac in safe mode and then restart into normal mode.
- 4. Continuity Camera not working for some users.
Workaround: This issue has been around since the release of Ventura. Plug your iPhone into your Mac if you’re amongst the one affected.
- 5. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 13.3.1 Bugs Fixed
Two issues are addressed in the release notes:
- 1. Pushing hands emoji is now able to show skin tone variations. (Fix also included in iOS 16.4.1)
- 2. Auto Unlock Mac with Apple Watch problem has been addressed. (Please confirm it in the comments.)
- 3. QuickLook bug for animated images has been fixed according to Kina_Kai.
- 4. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Other fixes reported by users are tracked here:
macOS 13.3.1 Security Updates
According to Apple’s security document, security problems for the IOSurfaceAccelerator and WebKit have been addressed. These will prevent apps ‘to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges’.
More details are available here.
macOS 13.3.1 Update
- This update is available, over-the-air, in System Settings -> General -> Software Update for all Macs that are compatible with macOS Ventura.
- Click Update Now and follow the on-screen prompts.
Tip: macOS Ventura 13.3.1 not showing up? Quit System Settings and reopen it to force your Mac to search for the software update again!
Have you installed macOS Ventura 13.3.1 on your Mac? Do you want to report any problems? Share your findings in the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS 16.4.1 and iPadOS 16.4.1 (20E252), tvOS 16.4.1 (20L498) and HomePod 16.4.1.