Apple has also released HomePod 17 beta for Developers and not only. It’s the firs test version of the upcoming OS and you can install it on your device too. Check out the new features, changes and enhancements!
HomePod 17 Beta Profile
Apple is offering all 2023 developer betas free to download! This means that you don’t need an Apple Developer subscription to be able to grab the betas.
If you’re looking for the HomePod OS 17 beta, you probably already installed the iOS 17 and similar test versions. If you did, HomePod OS 17 will show up in the Home app. Else, perform the steps described below:
- 1. Sign in with your Apple ID at developer.apple.com.
- 2. Check the Software Downloads section and tap on view downloads.
- 3. HomePod 17 beta might not show up in this section. In this case, if your iPhone or iPad runs iOS 17 / iPadOS 17 proceed to the next section. Else, try the workaround.
HomePod 17 Beta Profile Download
You can also install OS 17 Developer beta on your HomePod if your other devices aren’t updated to iOS 17, iPadOS 17, tvOS 17, respectively macOS Sonoma 14.
How to: It requires you to download the beta profile from a third party source using an iPhone, iPad or Mac. I won’t share the link here because, this would infringe Apple’s rules, but if you choose to go this way you can do your own research.
HomePod 17 Beta Download
- 1. On iPhone, iPad or any other device from your household, open the Home app.
- 2. Tap the three-dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- 3. Go for Home Settings and scroll for Software Updates.
- 5. Tap on HomePod Beta Updates and turn them On for the HomePod that you want to update to OS 17.
- 6. Go back and HomePod Version 17.0 should show up. Be patient until it’s downloaded and hit Update when it becomes available!.
Tip: Follow the on-screen prompts and be patient. HomePod will reboot after the process is completed.
HomePod 17 Beta Not Available?
You updated iPhone or iPad to iOS 17 but HomePod 17 is not showing up in the Home app although you enabled the Beta Updates option? Are you seeing HomePod 16.6 beta instead?
Restart your smart speaker and try again: Open Home -> Tap HomePod name -> Scroll all the way down to Reset HomePod… -> Restart HomePod. Does it help?
Have you managed to install HomePod 17 beta on your smart speaker? Did you encounter any problems? Have uncovered some great features worth mentioning? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: You might be also interested to test tvOS 17 beta!