Do you know that you can clean install iOS 15.6 on iPhone and iPad? Like all the other previous releases, you can reinstall the current iOS / iPadOS version as long as you have a Mac or Windows computer nearby!
Why To Clean Install iOS 15.6?
iPhone users are considering reinstalling a current iOS version when they encounter a significant amount of problems and glitches after the regular over-the-air update.
Often, clean installing iOS will solve a series of issues that appear after a typical software update. These can include: SIM card recognition issues, iPhone keeps rebooting after update and similar.
They might be caused by corrupt settings and broken configurations that could happen during an over-the-air update.
Reinstalling iPhone is the final major troubleshooting option that you can apply, before you call it a day and wait for an upcoming software update that will address unsolved issues.
More: Reinstalling iOS is the only option once the previous iOS version (iOS 15.5 for example) isn’t signed anymore!
How To Clean Install iOS 15.6
- 1. Disable Find My iPhone on your iOS device in Settings -> Apple ID -> Find My -> Find My iPhone.
- 2. Connect iPhone to Mac Or Windows computer using and USB to lightning cable.
Tip: Trust this computer if requested.
- 3. Open Finder (Mac) or iTunes (Windows computer).
- 4. Backup iPhone using the Back Up Now option.
Tip: Select Encrypt local backup to also backup sensitive data like Apple Watch health data and KeyChain passwords.
Problem: It might happen that there’s not enough free space on Mac to backup iPhone or iPad. In this case we recommend you to create the backup directly to an external SSD (like the SanDisk 1TB) that you connect to your computer.
- 5. Restore iPhone or iPad using its designated button at the top of the Finder window, in the Software section.
Fact: You’re asked if you really want to restore your device to its factory settings and are informed that “all media and other data will be erased and the newest version of the iPhone software will be installed.”
- 6. Click Restore and Update to confirm and Agree with the software update terms and conditions.
Fact: iOS 15.6 IPSW file download starts in Finder (or iTunes).
- 7. Be patient until the update file is downloaded. It can take a while. It all depends on the Internet speed of your computer. When download ends the reinstallation process follows automatically.
Important: Do not disconnect iPhone or iPad from computer, during the process! Make sure that Mac or Windows machines are connected to a power source and won’t die out during installation.
- 8. After iOS reinstalled go for Restore from this backup and pick the most recent backup of your iPhone and iPad, to restore your data and complete the iOS 15.6 clean install without data loss.
Fact: If you choose to Set up as new iPhone you will lose all previous data and begin from scratch. If you accidentally select it though, don’t panic. Allow the process to end and start over from Step 5.
Did you reinstall iOS 15.6? Was it helpful? Did it fix any issues that started popping up after the over-the-air update? Share your feedback in the comments. We highly appreciate your contribution!
Related: Do you know that you can reinstall apps on iPhone without losing data? This is done with the help of the Offload app feature!