How To Connect AirPods Max To Android & Any Non-Apple Device
Did you know that you can connect the AirPods Max to an Android smartphone, or any other non-Apple device? Yes, Apple’s new over-ear headphones aren’t iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV exclusive. They also work outside of the Apple environment! That’s without the assistance of Siri of course!
How To Connect AirPods Max To Non-Apple Devices
Pairing Apple’s premium over-ear headphones with a third-party Bluetooth device is quite straightforward:
1. Connect AirPods Max To Android
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your Samsung, OnePlus, Oppo Find or any other Android smartphone. This is usually available in Settings -> Connections -> Bluetooth.
- Press & hold the Noise Control button, on your AirPods Max, until the status light flashes white.
- Your AirPods Max should appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices. Select them and they’ll connect!
2. Connect AirPods Max To Computer
Pairing the AirPods Max with a Windows computer that has a Bluetooth compatibility works in a similar way. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on the machine, press & hold the Noise Control button of the headset and select the AirPods from the list!
3. Connect AirPods Max To PS5
Yes, you can connect your AirPods Max to the PS5 gaming console! However, you need a third-party Bluetooth adapter that supports audio, because gaming console doesn’t support audio via Bluetooth out of the box. This accessory is either plugs into the USB port of your PS5, smart TV or in the headphone jack of your PS5 controller.
Some that we recommend are:
Avantree DG80 Bluetooth 5.0 USB Audio Adapter
Avantree Leaf Long Range USB Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Adapter
Gulikit Bluetooth Adapter for Nintendo Switch/Switch Lite/PS4/PS5/PC
AirPods Max Features With Non-Apple Devices
- Active Noise Cancellation: is available! Just press the Noise Control button to enable or disable this feature. You can switch between three options: Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency Mode and Off. Customize the modes in Settings.
- Transparency Mode: is available. Open the AirPods Max settings on the device that they’re connected with and toggle the desired Noise Control button cycles!
- Siri: Apple’s virtual assistant isn’t available when connecting the AirPods Max with a device that’s not part of the iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, macOS and tvOS environment!
Have you managed to connect your AirPods Max with a non-Apple Bluetooth device? What’s your user experience? Use the comments section to share your feedback!
Related: Other AirPods Max tips:
– How To reset AirPods Max to fix bugs and glitches!
– 4 ways to find the AirPods Max serial number!