Is your AirTag chirping whenever you pick it up? Does it chime by itself, out of the blue, without you pinging it? AirTags are still fresh and as most first generation products they might glitch out every now and then. The good news is that the AirTag chirping bug can be easily fixed!
AirTag Chirping Bug Or Not?
Apple’s Bluetooth trackers are designed to chirp to confirm pairing, unpairing. They’re also able to chime to help you better locate them when you use the Play Sound option, in the Find My app.
However, AirTag chirping when picked up or without any obvious reason are most likely glitching out! Attempt to fix it or the battery life of your AirTag will be significantly shortened.
How To Fix AirTag Chirping Bug
These are the troubleshooting methods that you can apply to solve the AirTag chiming issue:
1. Remove and Re-Connect AirTag
- Open the Find My app and browse the Items section.
- Tap on your AirTag name.
- Swipe the card up to make it full screen and tap on Remove Item.
- Tap Remove to confirm your selection and Remove for a third time.
- Force close the Find My app. You can also reboot iPhone to make sure that you filter out any glitches.
- Bring the AirTag next to your iPhone and use the Connect animation to pair it back with your iPhone.
2. Reset AirTag
- This requires you to remove the cover and take out the battery. Bring it back inside and press until it chirps.
- Repeat the procedure four more times, for a total of 5 removals.
- The AirTag will play a different chime after the 5th attempt to confirm the reset.
Tip: We’ve already published a detailed step-by-step how to reset AirTag guide!
Have you managed to fix the AirTag chiming issue? Did any of the above troubleshooting tips help you out? Or you’ve found a better way to solve this? Use the comments section and share your feedback!
Related: How to force an AirTag firmware update!