Is the mouse cursor stuck on Mac after updating to macOS Monterey? Does this happen every now and then but it’s really annoying when it does? Is the cursor also lagging sometimes and ruining your Mac experience?
Mouse Cursor Stuck On Mac?
This issue was reported to us by Margo:
“Mouse cursor getting stuck. I have to use the trackpad to reconnect magic mouse! Anyone else getting this since Monterey?”
I’ve been able to replicate this on a MacBook Air 2017 and also found a similar complaint on Apple’s Discussion Forums.
How To Fix Mouse Cursor Stuck In macOS Monterey
There’s no universal fix for a stuck or lagging MacBook mouse cursor. However, you can try the following troubleshooting tips:
1. Disconnect and ReConnect Magic Mouse
- If the pointer becomes stuck and doesn’t move while you use the mouse, switch for the MacBook trackpad and bring the cursor on top of the Bluetooth icon, in the menu bar. Click it.
- Next, click on the icon available next to the Mouse name.
- Wait a couple of seconds and click again to reconnect the Bluetooth mouse.
- Move the Magic Mouse. Does the cursor move too?
2. Enable Trackpad
- Open System Preferences and click on Accessibility.
- Go for Pointer Control, available in the left sidebar in the Motion category.
- Make sure that the ‘ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present’ is not checked!
3. Restart Mac
If the mouse cursor is still stuck you should reboot your Mac. A fresh start should at least temporarily fix this glitch.
How to: Press & hold cmd (command) + ctrl (Control) keys along with the Power button until the screen goes blank and the Mac restarts.
Does The Mouse Cursor Lag In macOS Monterey?
Are you also experiencing lagging behavior? Is the pointer moving with delay? Use the comments section to share your feedback.
Have you managed to fix the mouse cursor stuck on Mac in macOS Monterey? Do you have a better solution? Share it below, using the comments option!
Related: Here is how to fix other common macOS 12 issues:
– USB hubs not working in macOS Monterey.
– Screensaver displays black screen instead of photos selected from your folder or album.
– Emails not loading in Mail after macOS 12.0.1 update.