Apple has changed the force restart command back in 2017, when it decided do ditch the Home Button in favor of the notch. This means that all devices from the iPhone 8 and later, will hard reboot in a different way. As you might have already guessed, the Home button is excluded from the equation. The old iPhone hard reset command, that’s still available on iPhone 7 and earlier models, required the user to press & hold the Home button + Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo flashes on the screen!
Trick To Force Restart iPhone SE 2
1. Click and quick release the Volume Up button.
2. Do the same with the Volume Down button.
3. Press & hold the Side button.
Tip: Perform steps 1 – 3 in quick succession.
4. Continue to press the Side button even when your iPhone displays the “slide to power off” screen.
5. Release the Side button press when you see the Apple logo displayed on the screen.
Your iPhone SE will boot up and you’ll know its ready to use when the “Swipe up to unlock” screen appears. Perform the gesture, type your Passcode and you’re ready to go!
Have you upgraded to the 2020 iPhone SE? Did you ever need to force restart or hard reboot it? Let us know in the comment section available below!
Related: Is your 2020 iPhone SE missing Haptic Touch functionality for Notifications on Lock Screen? Apparently this isn’t a bug!