Last updated on January 10th, 2023 at 01:44 pmPosted in News by Patricia on December 14, 2022
Apple has seeded iOS 16.3 Beta build number 20D5024e for Developers. Public Beta is available too! Check out the new features, ongoing issues, bugs fixed as well as new problems!
iOS 16.3 Beta Issues
Known problems, as well as new bugs are tracked here, together with available workarounds:
- 1. Games with ProMotion still stuttering. Reported by hzozo94.
- 2. Volume Controls not working when screen is off during calls. An older iOS 16 bug that remains unfixed.
- 3. iPhone crashing frequently after update for Crosgaard.
Fix: Downgrade to iOS 16.2.
- 4. App Store apps not downloading for Andy.
Fix: Reinstall App Store.
- 5. iPhone not vibrating when ringing or when receiving messages is an iOS 16.3 issue reported by Shayan.
Fix: Reboot iPhone.
- 6. WiFi greyed out in Settings for Rene on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Fix: Downgrade to iOS 16.2
- 7. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.3 Beta Features
Changes and improvements added in this version are showcased here:
- 1. Physical Security Keys for Apple ID are now supported in Settings -> Apple ID -> Password & Security -> Add Security Keys.
- 2. New Apple Music splash screen showcasing Apple Music Sing.
- 3. How to handoff music to HomePod splash screen.
- 4. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.3 Beta Bugs Fixed
Older iOS 16 issues that are solved in this update are highlighted below:
- 1. Battery life improved over iOS 16.2 as confirmed by scrizewly and Crosgaard.
- 2. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: More info about known issues are available in the Apple’s Developer release notes.
iOS 16.3 Beta Download
Important: Most likely, Beta 2 will be released only in January, in three weeks time. Update at your own risk, especially if you use your main device.
This update is available, over-the-air, in Settings -> General -> Software Update for all iPhone 8 models and later that are using the iOS 16 / iPadOS 16 Beta Software Profile.
Update: This version is also downloadable to Public Beta testers! To get it you have to enroll with the Apple Beta Software Program platform.
Tip: Never installed an iOS beta on your device? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you updated 16.3 Beta on iPhone or iPad? Help us with the changes and improvements that you noticed! What about bugs fixed or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!