Apple has also released macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 (20G1116) with security fixes for older Macs that are unable to run macOS Monterey or Ventura! Let’s check out the fixes as well as any new issues, problems or bugs!
macOS 11.7.3 Update
- As usual, this release is available over-the-air in System Preferences -> Software Update for all Macs that are still running macOS Big Sur!
- Click Update Now and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed!
Important: This release comes together with the Safari 16.3 update! You can install both updates or leave out Safari for the moment, considering the issues already reported here.
macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 Features
As expected, this update doesn’t include any new features. Releases for older Mac models are mainly focusing on “important security fixes” and are recommended to all users that aren’t able to upgrade to macOS Monterey or Ventura!
Nevertheless, if any changes are reported, we will update them here:
- To be updated!
macOS 11.7.3 Security Fixes
Apple has patched no less than 7 vulnerabilities in this update. You can check all the details in this Security support document.
macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 Issues
Problems reported in this version are tracked here:
- 1. Safari issues have been reported for this release including:
– website favicons missing
– bookmarks listed now in random order
– emojis in bookmarks and bookmarks missing
– ‘frequently visited’ is empty.
Tip: More details and available workarounds are updated here.
- 2. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments.)
Have you installed macOS 11.7.3 on Mac? Did you notice any changes or bug fixes not mentioned here? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also released iOS 12.5.7 for iPhone 5s, 6 as well as iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch, iOS 15.7.3 for older iPhone and iPad models as well as macOS Monterey 12.6.3.