Do you encounter System Settings problems in macOS Ventura? Don’t hesitate to report it in the comments! Check out our collection with issues for this rebranded macOS 13 app and check out the available fixes!
What are System Settings in macOS Ventura?
Apple has rebranded the System Preferences app in macOS 14!
It’s now called System Settings and has been redesigned to resemble with the Settings app on iPhone and iPad:
- Settings are placed in a sidebar, available on the left-hand side of the window, for easier access.
- Apple ID is displayed at the top of the sidebar, similar to iPadOS.
- Click the category in the sidebar to access the available options.
System Settings Issues And Fixes
There’s no surprise that this complete redesign has been done at the cost of several bugs, especially in these early stages of macOS Ventura:
- 1. System Settings UI elements behaving erroneously as shown by Niki Tonsky on Twitter.
Fix: Restart Mac (not confirmed).
- 2. WiFi Inactive in System Settings after macOS Ventura Public Beta 3 update. Reported by Alexander.
Fix: Open System Settings -> Network -> WiFi. Right-click on WiFi and select Make Service Active. More details available here.
- To be updated
Did you find a System Settings glitch that’s not mentioned in this article? Use the comments section to report it in the comments. We’ll try to replicate and provide a fix or at least a workaround. Followup and let us know if it works!