The challenge will only become available on Friday, May 12 and will vanish the day after the holiday. So, working out on May 14 is your only chance of adding the rose medal to your Activity app achievements. This is the 4th special challenge proposed by the Cuprtino-based tech giant to its Apple Watch customers. The series debuted with a 3.1-mile wager (5 kilometers) to celebrate Thanksgiving. An Activity ring completion was the requirement to earn a special New Year award, while Earth Day was celebrated with a 30 minute long outdoor workout.
Apple Watch Mother’s Day Challenge Facts
– To make sure that your training session counts, track it via the Workout app on your Apple Watch. Progress will be also registered by third party watchOS app that come with HealthKit integration.
– Because Mother’s Day isn’t an internationally renown holiday and isn’t celebrated in the same day, worldwide, only U.S. Apple Watch owners will be able to join to earn the rose medal.
Apple Watch Mother’s Day Challenge Tips
If you had trouble before with earning Apple’s special medals here is a to-do list with things you have to check in order to make sure that you don’t miss out on Sunday:
1. As mentioned above, you must be located in the United States.
2. Update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest available versions: iOS 10.3.1, watchOS 3.2.
3. Perform the run, walk or wheelchair session on Sunday, May 14, for at least 1 mile.
4. Save your workout after you finish it!
5. Open Activity app on iPhone, tap on the Achievements tab and search for the medal. The rose has to be colored and to stand out. If its greyed out, you did something wrong.