macOS Ventura 13.4 RC3 Issues, Bug Fixes, New Problems?
Apple has issued macOS Ventura 13.4 RC3 build number 22F66 up from 22F63 (for RC2) and 22F62 for the initial Release Candidate version. It’s been a long time since a 3rd RC was required!
macOS 13.4 RC3 Update
This 3rd Release Candidate version is available, over-the-air in System Settings -> General -> Software Update on all compatible Macs that have the macOS Ventura Beta Configuration Profile installed!
Tip: Never downloaded a macOS beta version on your device? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Fact: macOS Big Sur 11.2 was the previous software update that required three Release Candidate versions, before the public release. macOS X Yosemite 10.0 also required a GM3 (Golden Master) version, the older equivalent of RC! Thanks headlessmike for the reminder.
macOS 13.4 RC3 Issues
Ongoing problems and new bugs reported in this update are tracked here. Workarounds a provided too if available:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 13.4 RC3 Bugs Fixed
The update log highlight four fixed problems:
- 1. Auto Unlock with Apple Watch should be finally fixed by this update. (A fix for this was announced in macOS 13.3.1 too, but it apparently did not do the job.)
- 2. Bluetooth keyboards connecting slowly to Mac has been fixed!
- 3. VoiceOver issue with navigating to landmarks on webpages has been addressed.
- 4. Screen Time settings not syncing or resetting across devices has been solved.
- 5. Content filtering bug has been addressed. Apps like Little Snitch and Radio Silence are working normally. (Present in previous 13.4 beta versions).
Tip: You might have to reinstall the app as suggested on Reddit.
- 6. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
- 7. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
- 1. A new Sports tab in Apple News provides easier access to scores, standings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow.
- 2. My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News bring you directly to game pages with additional details for specific games.
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments.)
Other issues reported as fixed by users are tracked here:
Problems addressed in RC3 are updated here:
Other: problems fixed are also mentioned in the Developer Release notes and can be reviewed here.
macOS Ventura 13.4 RC3 Features
This Release Candidate includes the release notes and they’re identical with the initial RC. Here are the new additions when compared to macOS 13.3.1:
Other changes reported by users are tracked here:
macOS Ventura 13.4 RC3 Security Updates
Apple also includes security fixes in this version, but the document detailing them hasn’t been updated yet.
Fact: Nevertheless, we can safely assume that the security updates included in the macOS 13.3.1a Security Response update are included in this release too, allowing users that haven’t installed it to get the latest fixes.
Have you installed macOS Ventura 13.4 RC3? Notice any difference when compared to RC2 or RC1? Any problems to report? Should we expect iOS 16.5 RC3 too? Use the comments!
Related: Apple has also seeded iOS 16.5 RC2 and iPadOS 16.5 R2 (20F66).