Yes, you can finally add stops in Apple Maps! This means that you can use your iPhone to plan and navigate complex routes, without having to adjust a new destination after every stop. Multiple stops in Maps are available thanks to new functionality added by iOS 16 and iPadOS 16!
How To Add Stop In Maps
- 1. Open Maps.
- 2. Search for a destination.
- 3. Tap Directions.
- 4. Go for Add Stop and select a location that will be added to your route. Repeat the process to add multiple stops!
Tip: Tap on a stop to edit it, if you want to change the location.
How To Delete Stop In Apple Maps
Tip: If you’ve added many stops the entries can show up as a single entry labeled ‘[number] stops’ placed between the Starting Point and Final Destination. Tap the entry to expand and reveal all stops!
How Many Stops Can You Add In Maps?
- You can add up to 15 stops in Apple Maps. The number includes Starting location and Final destination. This means that you can use the Add Stop feature up to 13 times for a single trip!
- The new stop is automatically added as the final destination. So, if you’re planning a route with multiple stops you should add them in the desired order.
- If you reconsider, you can easily change the order of all stops, after you’ve added them to the route:
Long-press the three-horizontal lines, available next to the stop name -> Drag & drop the stop to a new position in the list.
Fact: Apple Maps won’t automatically re-arrange your stops to suggest the shortest travel time. It will find the fastest route while maintaining the order of destinations provided by you.
Are you using Google Maps or Apple Maps? Is the new iOS 16 Add Stop feature convince you to switch over? Do you have any questions or suggestions regarding the new Maps app? Use the comments section and share your feedback!
Related: Do you know that you can rate and review places in Apple Maps? Here is how to!