In this article I will show you how to enable or disable this call and text message forwarding feature from iPhone to Mac. We’re talking here about cellular calls too and not only FaceTime ones. We’ll also check how you can dial calls from your Mac as long as your devices meet Apple’s Continuity system requirements.
How To Set Up iPhone Cellular Calls
This feature isn’t available just for your Mac but also for iPad and iPod touch. Here is what you have to do:
– each device has to be signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
– each device has to use the same Apple ID for FaceTime.
– each device should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How To Enable/Disable Cellular Calls For Mac, iPad, iPod Touch
1. Grab your iPhone and open the Settings app.
2. Scroll for Phone and tap it.
3. Select Calls On Other Devices.
4. Allow Calls on Other Devices.
5. You can choose to allow on all calls available in the list or use the knob to pinpoint the exact device that you want to use this continuity feature for.
How To Enable Calls Via iPhone On Mac, iPad and iPod Touch
A. On Mac
1. Open the FaceTime app.
2. Click on FaceTime in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Select Preferences.
4. Enable the Calls from iPhone option.
Fact: This will allow you to use your iPhone’s cellular account to make and receive calls when your iPhone is nearby and connected to Wi-Fi.
Tip: In the same menu, you can also allow for Live Photos to be captured from video calls.
B. On iPad or iPod Touch
1. Open Settings.
2. Scroll for FaceTime.
3. Enable the Calls From iPhone option.
How To Answer Calls On Mac, iPad and iPod Touch
After you complete the above setup your Mac, iPad or iPod will start ringing as soon as you get an incoming call on your iPhone.
– On Mac: an incoming call pop-up is displayed in the top-right corner of the screen. You can take the call, send it to voicemail or dismiss the call with a message.
– On iPad/iPod you can slide to answer the call as you would do on your iPhone.
How To Dial A Cellular Call From Mac
You have several options to make a call from your Mac:
– the most straightforward ones is to open the FaceTime app. Enter a phone number in the search field and click the audio call icon.
– You can also dial calls from Contacts, Calendar, Safari or any other app that automatically detects phone numbers. Just move the pointer over a detected number. Click the arrow in the box that outlines the phone number. Click on “Call [phone number] Using iPhone”.
Fact: The same options are available on your iPad and iPod Touch.
Do you answer to calls on your Mac or you prefer to pick them up on your iPhone? Let us know in the comments section available below!
Related: Do you know that you can configure your iPhone to auto-answer incoming calls?