Apple has released iOS 16.2 beta 3 build number 20C5049e for Developers. Public Beta will be released soon! Check out the new features included in this update as well as the issues fixed, ongoing problems, new bugs and everything else related.
iOS 16.2 Beta 3 Issues
New bugs reported for this version, as well as ongoing problems are mentioned here, together with available workarounds:
- 1. Games stuttering, frame-drops in games is still present. Confirmed by several Reddit users for games like Genshin, Hit the Island.
- To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.2 Beta 3 Features
Changes included in this release when compared to Beta 2 are highlighted here:
- 1. Disable Wallpaper option in Always On Display mode.
- 2. Hide Notifications option when AOD is enabled.
- 3. Satellite texting is now available for iPhone 14 devices (Available in the US and Canada).
- 4. Maximum brightness level on iPhone 14 Pro Max higher than before. Reported on Reddit.
- 5. New Get Battery Status action in Shortcuts. Use this new action to obtain the current battery percentage, or to find out if your device is plugged into a charger or is charging.
- 6. New Home app splash screen highlighting: New home categories; You’re Home at a glance; Control your home with just a tap and Multi-camera view.
- 7. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.2 Beta 3 Bugs Fixed
Problems addressed in this version are highlighted here:
- 1. Freeform issues have been fixed.
- 2. Health data export XML file syntax has been fixed.
- 3. Multi-activity workout lag when saving has been fixed.
- 4. Scrolling lag and animation stuttering has been fixed. Confirmed by many Reddit users.
- 5. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: For more details about known issues and bugs fixed you can also check Apple’s Developer release notes.
iOS 16.2 Beta 3 Download
The roll out will soon be also downloadable to Public Beta testers that are signed up with the Apple Beta Software Program.
Tip: Never installed an iOS beta on your device? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you installed iOS 16.2 Beta 3 on iPhone? Do you notice any changes not mentioned in this article? What about bugs fixed or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iPadOS 16.2 beta 3 (20C5049e), macOS Ventura 13.1 beta 3 (22C5050e), watchOS 9.2 beta 3 (20S5348d) and tvOS 16.2 beta 3 (20K5348d).