Last updated on June 19th, 2020 at 09:44 amPosted in Apps or Games, How To by Patricia on April 6, 2015
If you work in the sales industry, run an important business or simply don’t want to accidentally call a new contact, while attempting to dial an old buddy, you might wanna add another filter to your iOS Contacts app!
Memory can be suddenly refreshed and confusions avoided, if you list your contacts by Creation Date, instead of doing it the regular way. When searching for a contact using the alphabetical listing, you can end up with a list of similar, if not identical, entries. If no other additional info like photo, secondary phone number or email is attached to the contact, you won’t be able to make the difference.
How To List Contacts by Creation Date
A third party app called Contacts last entries & search (Free) allows you to search your iPhone contacts by the date they where created.
Simply, download & install the app from the App Store. Open the application and your Contacts are listed, similarly to the iOS built-in view. The only addition is that you can see the phone number below the name of the contact, for each entry.
Next, tap on Name, in the top right corner of the screen, and switch for the contacts Creation Date listing. Use the arrow to set ascending or descending display order!
Notice, in the nearby image, how helpful the creation date listing is. Although both entries have similar names and you don’t have any other fields that can help you to eliminate the confusion, you can clearly see that one of them was added today while the other one more than one year ago.
This way you can choose accordingly and avoid calling or texting the wrong person!
5 Tips To Avoid Confusion Between Similar Contacts
Viewing your contact entries order by creation date helps a lot, but you can make your life even more easier, if you spend a few extra seconds whenever you save a new contact. Here is what you have to do:
1. Eliminate Duplicate Contacts – In case you switch from Android to iOS, or upgrade to the latest iPhone, you risk of loading duplicate entries to Contacts. Get rid of them by merging or deleting identical entries!
2. Add Photo – If you have the means try to assign a photo to each contact. If you don’t have a profile picture, try to add anything related, that will help you identify your contact easier.
3. Complete Fields – When you save a contact try to complete as many fields as possible, including Company, Email, Related Name or everything else that will help you to identify the contact later on.
4. Add Nickname – Did you know that you can assign your friend’s nickname to its contact entry? Open the contacts page, tap Edit in the top right corner, scroll down to add field and select Nickname!
5. Save a Note – The same contact adding menu allows you to save a note. Type something like: ‘John is the plumber that successfully fixed a pipe back in 2013’, This way you’ll be sure that you won’t confuse the entry anymore.
Did you ever confuse iPhone contacts? Let us know in the comments section available below!
Related: How to share your photo with contacts in Messages. (Feature added in iOS 13)