Last updated on October 23rd, 2022 at 05:14 amPosted in News by Tyrone on September 7, 2022
Apple has released macOS Monterey 12.6 (21G115), while macOS Ventura 13 is expected on October 24. macOS 12.6 available for download over-the-air. Check out what’s new, the bugs fixed, potential new issues and more!
macOS Monterey 12.6 Update
Update: Public release has the same version!
Tip: This release comes together with the Safari 16.0 update!
macOS Monterey 12.6 Features
This update doesn’t include any spectacular new features. It focuses on “important security updates” instead and is recommended to all users that prefer to stay on macOS Monterey, instead of upgrading to macOS Ventura!
Nevertheless, any changes spotted are listed here:
- To be updated!
macOS Monterey 12.6 Release Date
Apple has released this update alongside iOS 16 on September 12.
macOS Monterey 12.6 Issues
Problems uncovered during the Release Candidate testing period are mentioned here:
- 1. USB flash drives not working. Reported by Johnny.
- 2. Issues with external monitor, not turning On or flashing ON/OFF. Reported by dbg.
- 3. Third-party Bluetooth speakers not connecting to Mac. Reported by Deborah.
- 4. Mac slow or freezing after waking up from sleep. Reported by DavidK.
- 5. MacBook Pro USB-C ports stopped working after update. Reported by Dan.
- 6. Messages crashing while loading. Reported by Kariss
- 7. Mac not unlocking with Apple Watch anymore. Reported by Mike.
- To be updated! (Please contribute in the comments.)
macOS Monterey 12.6 Bugs Fixed
Common problems reported in macOS 12.5.1 that have been fixed by this update are mentioned below:
- To be updated!
Have you updated to macOS 12.6? Did you spot any changes? What about bug fixes or new issues? Use the comments to share your feedback.