Last updated on September 8th, 2022 at 07:00 pmPosted in News by Patricia on September 7, 2022
Apple has seeded iOS 16 RC build number 20A362 right after the new iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro lineups have been unveiled during the ‘Far Out’ Apple event keynote. Check out what’s new and use this last chance to report any problems and issues before the public release.
iOS 16 RC Features
Changes found in this version, when compared to the previous beta are listed here:
- Fake AirPods pop-up informs users if Bluetooth headphones are not genuine.
- To be updated!
Fact: For a list of all new iOS 16 features please check our extended review available here.
Update: iOS 16 release date is September 12 (Monday), noticeable in the screenshot captured on Apple.com.
iOS 16 RC Problems
New issues occurring after this update are listed below:
- Cannot Verify AirPods popup showing up for genuine accessories. Reported by the_lidl_redditer
Fix: Unpair AirPods and pair them back to get rid of this popup.
- To be updated! (Report bugs in the comments.)
iOS 16 RC Bugs Fixed
Problems patched in this version are mentioned below:
- To be updated!
Tip: For more details you can also check the iOS 16 RC release notes.
iOS 16 RC Update
- The Release Candidate version is available, over-the-air, in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install, provide iPhone passcode and be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed.
Tip: The iOS 16 Configuration Profile has to be installed on your iPhone or iPad, for the iOS 16 RC to show up. If you need a step-by-step guide, please tap here.
Fact: Apple has released iOS 16 Release Candidate for both Developers and Public Beta testers.
Have you updated to the iOS 16 Release Candidate version? What’s your feedback? Did you spot any changes when compared to the previous betas? What about issues fixed or new bugs? Use the comments and contribute to this article!