Last updated on August 26th, 2022 at 03:37 amPosted in News by Tyrone on August 17, 2022
Apple has released macOS 12.5.1 build number 21G83! The update comes with security improvements and is recommended to all users. However, do check for any new issues that have been reported in this version, before upgrading!
macOS 12.5.1 Issues
Any new bugs reported in this version are listed here:
- 1. M1 Mac stuck in a reboot loop during the update process. | Reported on Macrumors forums.
Fix: Unplug USB dock or hub from Mac and update should move on. (Credits: DogHouseDub)
- 2. Mac won’t sleep after update. | Reported by Papadopoulou in the comments.
Fix: Run in Terminal
sudo pmset -a disablesleep 0
- 3. External USB not recognized after update. This is a lingering macOS Monterey problem | Reported by Justin.
- 4. MacBook Pro slow after update, almost unusable. | Reported by Renee.
Fix: Open Activity Monitor and kill the overloading processes. (not confirmed)
- 5. iMac shuts down randomly and won’t turn back On. | Reported by Dimitris.
Fix: Unplug and re-plug computer.
- 6. Left-rear USB-c port not working on 16″ M1 Pro 2021 after update. | Reported by David.
- To be updated!
macOS 12.5.1 Bug Fixes
Problems reported in previous macOS Monterey versions that have been addressed in this update:
- To be updated!
macOS 12.5.1 Security Improvements
The security content of this release confirms patching two vulnerabilities:
- Kernel: “An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges.”
- WebKit: “Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution.”
Tip: for more details about these security updates please read Apple’s support document.
macOS Monterey 12.5.1 Update
- This release is available, over-the-air, in System Preferences -> Software Update.
- Tap Update Now, or Install Now if you’re in the expanded view of the update log.
- Agree with Apple’s terms and be patient until the new update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your Mac.
Fact: This macOS Monterey update file is 1.18 GB large (MAcBook Air) when updating from macOS 12.5.
Have you updated Mac to macOS 12.5.1? Did you spot any changes? What about bug fixes? Any new problems? Use the comments to share your feedback. We’re here to help!